Votes: 32 13.0%
  • high colesterol

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • cheese on fachts

Votes: 28 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you secure the services of a manager with a great pedigree like Rafael Benitez there’s always a risk that they will move on to bigger and better things, a la Carlo Ancelotti.

We certainly wouldn’t have had that problem with Graham Potter and his 25% win rate!!

When you secure the services of a manager with a great pedigree like Rafael Benitez there’s always a risk that they will move on to bigger and better things, a la Carlo Ancelotti.

We certainly wouldn’t have had that problem with Graham Potter and his 25% win rate!!
Ffs mate, even Spurs didn’t want him, he’s sound now, 3 year contract here, paid whether he completes it or is sacked, retired at the end of it. He’s nice and handy for the commute from Caldy and he doesn’t even have too much pressure on him to win stuff, after all we are a small club.

His only hope of lasting 12 months is a complete overhaul of the squad this summer. Talking 6 to 8 first team players. Because if he doesn't get Europe he's toast for many, many different reasons.

Iwobi, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Delph, Bernard all need to be either gone or at the very least not start a single game next season. Add to that the likes of Coleman clearly on his last legs, James going, no sub goalkeeper of note etc. etc. and yeah, 6-8 players needed or I think we'll sack him around February depending on how bad we are and how many of the cowards in our squad down tools.

I think it's more likely we see him get an extension & then eventually sacked than within 36 months.
He always improves & builds upon every team he joins, I don't see us regressing under him.

We might look slow & "off the pace" towards the start of the season simply because he's getting our defence in order, but I firmly believe he is the right man for the job. How can you doubt his ability after how he massively overachieved with nearly every team he managed? Guy was literally considered the comeback king, I've been watching a lot of interviews with him recently especially from his time at Newcastle & he goes into the absolute finest/niche details imaginable.

Literally changes the language he gives his instructions in depending on whether the opposition manager understands what he's saying. That fascinates me tbh.

I think it's more likely we see him get an extension & then eventually sacked than within 36 months.
He always improves & builds upon every team he joins, I don't see us regressing under him.

We might look slow & "off the pace" towards the start of the season simply because he's getting our defence in order, but I firmly believe he is the right man for the job. How can you doubt his ability after how he massively overachieved with nearly every team he managed? Guy was literally considered the comeback king, I've been watching a lot of interviews with him recently especially from his time at Newcastle & he goes into the absolute finest/niche details imaginable.

Literally changes the language he gives his instructions in depending on whether the opposition manager understands what he's saying. That fascinates me tbh.
Oh hello
Care to introduce yourself to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.