What would be your derby lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with Davek's lineup too. Wouldn't start Deulofeu as he hasn't shown anything worthy of a start never mind starting in the derby. Would Rather see Oviedo than Messi2 as at least he's got the effort needed to press the RS.

I'm with Dave too, but wouldn't sulk if Naismith is in for Pienaar.

I'd find a spot for Timmy Cahill too.....it's the Derbybyou know.

Barkley has to come in for creativity. I would play kev and Naismith to start and bring on deleufoe and pienaar around half time if it's not going right

noswhza2gzcrz9zuer1r8eorszr6g25ia8eh.gif

Soon.....

Hopefully. I'd like to see him dropped until Christmas if he doesn't perform next week, though. Being completely ****e for 11 games just isn't on.

Mirallas was good last season but still had a fair few games where he wasn't involved enough. I thought it last season and now i'm starting to really believe it, that he probably shouldn't be playing as a right winger. If Martinez wants to rotate the team and give Barkley a rest like he has in these last two matches, he should start Deulofeu on the wing, and Mirallas behind Lukaku. I think Mirallas would be far more effective behind the striker and i'm sure that was his best position for Olympiacos.

But since I would start Barkley as much as possible, I would maybe drop Pienaar and try Mirallas on the left after the derby. Baines and Pienaar's partnership hasn't worked this season and Mirallas seems to be good when he's on the left. He caused mayhem in the derby last season on the left wing.

12 players though mate?

Yeh mate I take no chances when picking a winning team.

To add something of worth to this thread though-

I think we have to play Mirallas. He is a big game player and will be very fired up for this one. Apart from Kev being skillful and awesome when he's on his game the thing I like most about him is the fact that he looks like he cares and gets fired up like we do. He's a must for a derby.

Mirallas was good last season but still had a fair few games where he wasn't involved enough. I thought it last season and now i'm starting to really believe it, that he probably shouldn't be playing as a right winger. If Martinez wants to rotate the team and give Barkley a rest like he has in these last two matches, he should start Deulofeu on the wing, and Mirallas behind Lukaku. I think Mirallas would be far more effective behind the striker and i'm sure that was his best position for Olympiacos.
But since I would start Barkley as much as possible, I would maybe drop Pienaar and try Mirallas on the left after the derby. Baines and Pienaar's partnership hasn't worked this season and Mirallas seems to be good when he's on the left. He caused mayhem in the derby last season on the left wing.

I thought this too. Can't think of many times we've played him there.

Agree with all of that.

oh no...is this gonna turn into the bily devbate 'he needs to play central!'

*i know bily is nothing like mirrallas...

Alternatively I'd sit McCarthy on Gerrard. It's nearly always him that instigates the play. If you can make it difficult for him to get his head up and pick out a pass it gives their strikers very little to feed on.
That was generally his role when he played them with Wigan, worked really well, marked Gerald out the game at least a couple of times.

Mirallas getting a lot of stick for not being good enough and people wanting him dropped, but he's got the most assists and made the most chances for us.

This was floating around not so long ago which has a little more info. He's overtaken Baines as the main creator in the team.

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/

Worth sticking with imo.

Mirallas getting a lot of stick for not being good enough and people wanting him dropped, but he's got the most assists and made the most chances for us.

This was floating around not so long ago which has a little more info. He's overtaken Baines as the main creator in the team.

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/

Worth sticking with imo.

But his performances have been piss poor. When you consider how much talent he has he needs to get involved more. He showed one glimpse against Palace last week where he cut in from the left and had a shot but other than that, I can't remember him doing anything.

Bily got mentioned above, but at least most people could see that he was just ****e and not suited to the premier league other than the odd wonder strike. Mirallas isn't like that. He's got pace, skill and the ability to win matches on his own. So just getting a few decent assists isn't good enough in my opinion. It's not working where he's being played so I think a change of position might do him good.

Mirallas needs to score more, end of. To have one goal to his name (actually Barry got it, so none) after 11 games is pitiful. I thought he might be able to be a Suarez-like player for us; dead quick, tricky. jinking runs winning loads of free kicks, penalties, etc, plus scoring a few too - but without the cheating.

They couldn't be more different.

Mirallas has been a major disappointment for me this season, perhaps actually the biggest disappointment so far.

Thankfully (you could say), Pienaar won't go on for much longer as an automatic pick on the left of midfield, so it might work there for young Kevin. Or behind the striker, or as striker. Who knows. But it isn't working on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back