he has not been performing anywhere near his best this year despite his assists
i don't think we'll see this from him at the derby if he were to start
but i hope to be proven wrong

Howard

Coleman-Jagielka-Distin-Baines

Barry-McCarthy

Mirallas-Barkley-Pienaar

Lukaku​

As much as I dislike the very deep-lying Barry/McCarthy partnership, there's no other option with Gibson crocked again.

I'm sure Martinez himself will want to shoe-horn Osman in somewhere, so Barkley is probably going to miss out.

But his performances have been piss poor. When you consider how much talent he has he needs to get involved more. He showed one glimpse against Palace last week where he cut in from the left and had a shot but other than that, I can't remember him doing anything.

Bily got mentioned above, but at least most people could see that he was just ****e and not suited to the premier league other than the odd wonder strike. Mirallas isn't like that. He's got pace, skill and the ability to win matches on his own. So just getting a few decent assists isn't good enough in my opinion. It's not working where he's being played so I think a change of position might do him good.

True his performances have not been anything like the standard we were hoping for, but he has still been our biggest attacking threat in terms of setting up rather than finishing so its not all bad.
Since he's making more chances than anyone else whilst being as bad as he has, imagine how good he could be for us when he kicks up a gear?

He plays best on the left imo and shredded Liverpool in that position, well till Suarez decided to remove him, hopefully he'll get back there soon.

That was generally his role when he played them with Wigan, worked really well, marked Gerald out the game at least a couple of times.

It's tricky whether to focus on one player because Coutinho or Moses might then get more space to play in but I think MOTD highlighted once again at the weekend that Gerrard was at the heart of everything for them.

To be fair, he was our best player in the fixture last year IMO. But I'd still be disappointed if he starts ahead of Barkley.

Yeeah, remember that 20 minutes when the dreaded Osman-Neville midfield were actually bossing it on the pitch?

Then Neville did his silly dive... *sigh

John Wayne Gacey, Harold Shipman, Ted Bundy, Albert Fish, Jeffery Dahmer, Peter Sutcliffe, Fred West, Rose West, Dennis Nielsen, John George Haige and David Berkowitz.
We may not win, but we'll send a message.

I think Jimmy Mac could do a very good restraining job on SG, but depending on the ref this could be seen as a solid DM performance or two stupid yellows as starfish flies through the air:@

Anyway, as an Irish Toffee, just had a swift couple of post work pints in the Flowing Tide in Abbey St (Dublin) where Joe, the gaffer is a decent enough RS Dub, that you can have some craic with.

In walks this well built (polite for heavy) chap who orders his pint with a distinct Scouse accent. Naturally I enquire as to his leanings to which he replied "I'm an Evertonian from Walton". Cue back slapping, man-hugs etc, and further craic with Joe - "you're outnumbered" etc.

Anyway, keeping an eye on the short time I had to make sure I made the train to Kilkenny, I went over to my fellow Blue and we began a strong throaty rendition of "its a Grand Old Team to Play For" down as far as "we don't care what the RS"..

Fair play to Joe, he just rang the pub bell to shut us up - but bloody hell that small incident has put me in the mood for the Derby.

GET INTO THEM !!!

PS Joe is sound for any Blues visiting Dublin - I may have pushed it a bit as singing not allowed normally..

I think Jimmy Mac could do a very good restraining job on SG, but depending on the ref this could be seen as a solid DM performance or two stupid yellows as starfish flies through the air:@

Question is, do we need him to?

I still think he's good but according to others he's finished, and he had nowhere near the impact on either derby last season.

Question is, do we need him to?

I still think he's good but according to others he's finished, and he had nowhere near the impact on either derby last season.

No it's all about Suarez. Yet to see Distin and Jags Marshall him yet. He has them all over the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back