What would be your derby lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is, do we need him to?

I still think he's good but according to others he's finished, and he had nowhere near the impact on either derby last season.

According to ESPN Gerrard is the joint-top assist provider with 4 but I'm sure it said that before the Fulham game. If Liverpool sit deep Gerrard can pick the ball up off the centre backs and ping it into the space vacated by Coleman and Baines for Suarez and Sturridge. They could have two banks of four in their own half, making it difficult for us to break down, and just pick us off whenever we send our fullbacks forward unless we're careful.

According to ESPN Gerrard is the joint-top assist provider with 4 but I'm sure it said that before the Fulham game. If Liverpool sit deep Gerrard can pick the ball up off the centre backs and ping it into the space vacated by Coleman and Baines for Suarez and Sturridge. They could have two banks of four in their own half, making it difficult for us to break down, and just pick us off whenever we send our fullbacks forward unless we're careful.

That'd be up to whoever was playing more advanced or even Lukaku to stop, then.

Get Lukaku to give him a hard time picking a pass and Barkley or whoever to go with him when he surges (or at least make sure he's passed on properly).

On Current Form, Mirallas doesn't deserve to be in there, he's been badly gash, but as much as i like his Work Rate, I wouldn't start Naismith, and it's a bridge to soon for Deulofeu imo, so sadly Mirallas is gonna stink the place out, and Osman if you look closely, is turning around from the Park end.... now, he might make it the right way by kick off in 8 days.

That'd be up to whoever was playing more advanced or even Lukaku to stop, then.

Get Lukaku to give him a hard time picking a pass and Barkley or whoever to go with him when he surges (or at least make sure he's passed on properly).

They might play two centre backs or they might play three centre backs. Lukaku and Barkley need to concentrate on giving them a hard time.

Under Moyes we had no special plans for Gerrard and he very often single-handedly provided the ammunition for Torres and then Suarez. Personally I would man mark him so that he has to play it short. Hopefully our other midfielders can then crowd out Henderson and Coutinho, starving their strikers of the ball.

Naismith deserves a derby start. Scored in the fixture last season and works his backside off. One thing I've never ever seen is Pienaar have a good derby. Mirallas on the left is a lot more dangerous and I can see him stepping up.

On Current Form, Mirallas doesn't deserve to be in there, he's been badly gash, but as much as i like his Work Rate, I wouldn't start Naismith, and it's a bridge to soon for Deulofeu imo, so sadly Mirallas is gonna stink the place out, and Osman if you look closely, is turning around from the Park end.... now, he might make it the right way by kick off in 8 days.

Mirallas hasn't been scoring as regularly or dazzling with his close control but he's still one of the joint-top assist providers in the league.

They might play two centre backs or they might play three centre backs. Lukaku and Barkley need to concentrate on giving them a hard time.

Under Moyes we had no special plans for Gerrard and he very often single-handedly provided the ammunition for Torres and then Suarez. Personally I would man mark him so that he has to play it short. Hopefully our other midfielders can then crowd out Henderson and Coutinho, starving their strikers of the ball.

Ten years to late, Gerrard is nowere near a good enough footballer these days to take a man out of the game for. I'm more worried about coutinho then Gerrard

I have a feeling all four of them will start. They played some weird 4-3-1-2 formation against Fulham and will prob stick with it given their 4-0 win. I expect something like this:

Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Gerrard Lucas Henderson
Coutinho
Suarez Sturridge​

Mirallas after his match last night:

Kevin Mirallas feels responsible for Everton failing to score in their last two matches.

Victories over Tottenham at home and away to bottom club Crystal Palace would have taken Roberto Martinez’s side into second place in the Premier League.

But after back-to-back goalless draws and with the derby against LIverpool to come after the international break, Belgium forward Miralles said: “I have become an important part of the team and, in the last two games, we have had bad results because I played less well.

"This had on impact on the whole team.

"I have to stop this lack of consistency, even if opponents are now marking me more.

"The whole team plays through me so that I can make the difference and provide good passes to Romelu (Lukaku).”

Nice to see he recognizes it at least- get it right kev...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-goal-drought-fault-claims-2792487?

I think Lukaku should start, however I think towards the last 15 or 20 minutes of a game he looks really tired. I think Martinez should be looking to sub him towards the end of games and give Jelevic a chance or maybe even Velios.

I think the starting 11 will be the same as against Palace;

24 Howard
23 Coleman 06 Jagielka 15 Distin 03 Baines
18 Barry16 McCarthy
11 Mirallas 21 Osman 22 Pienaar
17 Lukaku

with Barkley and Deulofeu coming on from the bench

I think Lukaku should start, however I think towards the last 15 or 20 minutes of a game he looks really tired. I think Martinez should be looking to sub him towards the end of games and give Jelevic a chance or maybe even Velios.

I think the starting 11 will be the same as against Palace;

24 Howard
23 Coleman 06 Jagielka 15 Distin 03 Baines
18 Barry16 McCarthy
11 Mirallas 21 Osman 22 Pienaar
17 Lukaku

with Barkley and Deulofeu coming on from the bench

If Barkley doesn't start there's something wrong last two games we've been poor from the go.

I have a feeling all four of them will start. They played some weird 4-3-1-2 formation against Fulham and will prob stick with it given their 4-0 win. I expect something like this:

Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Gerrard Lucas Henderson
Coutinho
Suarez Sturridge​

If they do that then we can really hurt them on the flanks.

Here's looking at you Baines, Pienaar, Coleman and Mirallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back