Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would we all perceive a David Moyes return? I personally think a new manager will be between Dyche or Moyes.

I fully understand and appreciate that it looks like Kenwright is just giving another job to one of his own and someone who values him.

However, I believe Moyes is getable/close to being sacked. It pains me to say this, but I believe our manager selection has to be someone who remains at the club and also provides the club after this season the provides us the ability to bounce straight back into the Premier League if we are relegated. Names like Poch and Tuchel are never going to manager in the Championship and I highly doubt they’ll come. I understand Dyche has had Burnley promoted twice but the expectations on Burnley and Everton will be very different.

Dyche obviously is the kind of manager who avoids relegation by conceding minimal goals, holding out for draws and doing that over the course over a season has worked for him. However, we find ourselves needing 25 points in 19 games to assure safety and I really question whether Dyche is someone who could do that.

If they continue to score a goal or less per game they are going down. They likely need about 30 goals in the last 19 to have a chance to get around 40 points. I don't think that is possible with the current roster.

The managerial choice will be interesting. Do they just hire one of the unemployed former EPL managers that are viewed as short term relegation preventers or do they try to find a guy that has long term potential and hope he can pull it together quickly and avoid relegation?
You have to take into account that any 'short term' appointment can still be costly. No manager is coming in on a 6 month contract, they all want 18 months minimum for the financial security it guarantees; so if Dyche comes in and if he kept us up he'd probably be sacked anyway for the 'long term' guy, just like Big Sam was, which means another pay off and backroom team clear out, and another managerial search starting all over again.

I agree with everything you have said but the cost to the club of going down and having players on the books on big salaries without the premier league money will be worse

What about Graham Potter? Seems like he's not going to last much longer at the Chavs (not his fault) and IMHO he would be great at Everton.

Dont think there's a chance those idiots we have even know who he is, but reading about him convinced me he'd be a right guy for us.

====================

Whereas Simeone’s skullduggery takes on a visceral and raw Argentine feel, the unnerving thing about Bordalás is that his passion and outrage seem all the more calculated. A notion insinuated by his millimetre-perfect beard and immovable, jet-black hair.

He turned Getafe into an equally well-oiled machine and in under three seasons, led them from the depths of Segunda to fifth place in LaLiga. After five years, Bordalás returned home to the Valencian community to take charge of the biggest side in the region, Valencia.

A club that has always been vociferous in almost everything it does, all of that energy has been reserved for protests of late.

Stripped of ambition by ownership group Meriton, Valencia waded through last season in a daze under Javi Gracia to a thirteenth place finish. The football was poor, but worse than that – the team itself had no sense of why it was there.

As much as implementing his own idiosyncratic style, the biggest problem for Bordalás to address was undoubtedly the atmosphere.

An aggression, a passion and a hunger would need to be returned to the squad. Just two minutes into his first first match it took for Hugo Guillamón to plant his studs on Nemanja Maksimovic’s shin and receive a red card.

A penalty from Carlos Soler put Valencia a goal up and for the next 80 minutes, los che fought, ran, sacrificed, suffered and struggled their way to a 1-0 victory over Getafe. This had Bordalás’ surgical gloves all over it.

Duncs probably the only one mad enough to take the job at the mo and convert the negative energy of the fans into something better.

Duncs probably the only one mad enough to take the job at the mo and convert the negative energy of the fans into something better.
I agree with this. If I was a manager I wouldn’t want to come anywhere near this club as 1) yesterday and the videos that went viral outside the ground 2) I wouldn’t want to be the manager that took a club down with such a long proud top flight history

After a night's sleep and thinking more calmly about what will happen now, the answer is nothing.

We should not be surprised by this as Moshiri basically said so during the week.

The dismissal of FL would be seen as bowing to fan pressure again and I think he more or less said that won't happen.

They are doing the right thing but with the wrong manager in my opinion.

At least bring in some older experienced manager to work with and guide Lampard until the end of the season, if he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is, unless something is done, we are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back