Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who I would want if FL left, I am much clearer on who I don't.

I like FL , I think there is potential there to become a good manager but, as with Marco Silva, we cannot afford to wait while they serve their apprenticeship with Everton as relegation as the booby prize for us.

If Lampard could agree to work with some wise old head like Bielsa for a couple of seasons it might help save his job.

I like FL , I think there is potential there to become a good manager but, as with Marco Silva, we cannot afford to wait while they serve their apprenticeship with Everton as relegation as the booby prize for us.

If Lampard could agree to work with some wise old head like Bielsa for a couple of seasons it might help save his job.
Frank should get someone in to do his job is a pretty straightforward he should be sacked case

Frank should get someone in to do his job is a pretty straightforward he should be sacked case
You are not born a manager you have to learn and that is happening with Frank, unfortunately we can't afford the price of the tuition.

Working with and learning from an older experienced manager could help.

In the past a younger coach working with an older experienced general manager was not unusual.

Lampard should concede that his managerial career isn’t going to happen. But what is evident is he’s been around clubs a long time and is a well spoken guy who is good with his staff and players. Think that would qualify him for a DoF role tbh

This was my thinking about appointing Benitez. He was linked for years, in the end it felt inevitable we would appoint him at some point. No doubt pereira will be linked again if/when frank gets the bullet. May aswell just appoint him and get it over and done with.
Every gets go

Lampard should concede that his managerial career isn’t going to happen. But what is evident is he’s been around clubs a long time and is a well spoken guy who is good with his staff and players. Think that would qualify him for a DoF role tbh
See this is a good point, he is a great football man, but manager might not be his calling.

With Eddie Howe's current success at Newcastle and our inevitable relegation under Frank, I will remind everybody of my posts few years back on Eddie Howe:

Apparently I'm the troll WUM though.
What's the point of this post? We aren't getting Eddie Howe.

You are not born a manager you have to learn and that is happening with Frank, unfortunately we can't afford the price of the tuition.

Working with and learning from an older experienced manager could help.

In the past a younger coach working with an older experienced general manager was not unusual.
Yeah but once you've given him the job it's too late to go back to this. Thus sack.

Vitor Periera...he's got a gorgeous wife, and he wears a black arm band (which is the most apposite couture accessory for any Everton manager)

Vitor Periera...he's got a gorgeous wife, and he wears a black arm band (which is the most apposite couture accessory for any Everton manager)
He honestly was more qualified than FL and he is a good tactical mind but with the current field of other managers looking for jobs he shouldn’t be top of the list

Status
Not open for further replies.