Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Bell/Downing

Votes: 35 13.0%
  • Vatche Manoukian

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • Vici Private Finance

Votes: 217 80.4%

• Total voters
Is this another thread doomed to be full of Esk chat?

He knows nothing more than anyone else on here and sometimes even less. He's demonstrated himself to be an unreliable source so why are people listening to him?

Ignore him and move on
Yup, incredible really. I think we can all agree that The Esk is an intelligent guy. So, riddle me this: why is he wrong so often? As a helpful reminder:
  • He was wrong about Witsel being "ours!"
  • He was wrong about Usmanov selling his shares to Kroenke at Arsenal (saying Kroenke had no reason to buy them)
  • He was wrong about Bill Kenwright resigning as chairman last June (it took the Grim Reaper to see Blue Bill off months later)
  • He was wrong about Everton being PSR compliant last January (we lost more points because we weren't)
  • Now he's telling us that other bids for Everton are using buzzwords like "equity" and "international investors" and pointing to "unspecificed" sources of funding whilst he simultaneously uses buzzwords like "equity" and "international investors" and points to "unspecified" sources of funding that he is "not at liberty to reveal" as he promotes another bid.
Why would somebody so intelligent be so wrong/hypocritical so often? He's not stupid or ignorant. No, he's clearly pushing an agenda.

Yup, incredible really. I think we can all agree that The Esk is an intelligent guy. So, riddle me this: why is he wrong so often? As a helpful reminder:
  • He was wrong about Usmanov selling his shares to Kroenke at Arsenal (saying Kroenke had no reason to buy them)
  • He was wrong about Bill Kenwright resigning as chairman last June (it took the Grim Reaper to see Blue Bill off months later)
  • He was wrong about Everton being PSR compliant last January (we lost more points because we weren't)
  • Now he's telling us that other bids for Everton are using buzzwords like "equity" and "international investors" and pointing to "unspecificed" sources of funding whilst he simultaneously uses buzzwords like "equity" and "international investors" and points to "unspecified" sources of funding that he is "not at liberty to reveal" as he promotes another bid.
Why would somebody so intelligent be so wrong/hypocritical so often? He's not stupid or ignorant. No, he's clearly pushing an agenda.
Because he lacks real world experience. He's the pony tailed guy in Good Will Hunting. He's read a lot of stuff so he regurgitates that without understanding.

Bell/Downing meeting with Moshiri in London today so I’m told. News imminent? 🤔
Farhad: "Gentlemen, thank you for meeting me. I have an important issue to discuss with you. As you know, I get things wrong all the time. So, tell me. Who is this young go-getter you know called The Esk? He is even more impressive than I am at getting things wrong. I would like to join forces with you - and him. He can be my protoge. Or perhaps I can even learn from him. By the way, I am impressed by your "unspecified source of funding." I, too, know a thing about unspecified sources of funding. We have lots in common..."

Maybe add all his other gaffes and lies to that list then send a letter to all the media outlets that give him column inches/air time to highlight his lack of insider knowledge and tendency to be completely wrong. Maybe they will stop giving him the soap box to preach from.

And since letters seem to be the in thing.

Bill Kenwright was expected to resign. The departing executives expected him to resign as well as was widely reported.

1718278959110.png

It was Bill Kenwright that refused to go (we all know because of his ego) and Moshiri had difficulty removing him due to Rights and Media Funding.

I think some people don't quite grasp, like with the Witsel thing, circumstances change at the last second, just like with Witsel. Esk gives his views but that is all they are. Views.

In this case the thread constantly goes on about Esk, rather than the content of what he is saying.

He's saying that Moshiri is messing around again, and that should concern everyone associated with the club.

I don't advocate any new owner. None of them have given sufficient information on their suitability to key stakeholders (fans & shareholders). However, I am concerned with Moshiri's antics.

In this case the thread constantly goes on about Esk, rather than the content of what he is saying.
It wouldn’t be a problem if he’d just shut the f up for one day or had better content with actual facts and sources.
This is a forum full of people who care passionately about this club.
We don’t like liars.
We don’t like people telling us who we should be supporting with bids when they have an agenda.
We don’t like liars with agendas.
We don’t like liars with agendas who profit from fans and the club by lying and giving agenda driven opinion as fact.

To be fair I share his concerns with this one, in a sane world it would be a non-starter, but in Moshiri world nothing is ruled out. With the various regulatory and legal knots Acap are tied up in I don't imagine it would be any quicker a process than 777 was (it's basically one floor up the same pyramid) but if King keeps the money coming who knows.

The regulatory and legal stuff is overblown. They're investors who made bad investments and are recouping as much capital as possible.

That is their motivation with Everton. Given their position as a junior creditor (I'm making an assumption based on reports), their interests could be aligned with the club itself for a short term, no different than MSP.

It wouldn’t be a problem if he’d just shut the f up for one day or had better content with actual facts and sources.
This is a forum full of people who care passionately about this club.
We don’t like liars.
We don’t like people telling us who we should be supporting with bids when they have an agenda.
We don’t like liars with agendas.
We don’t like liars with agendas who profit from fans and the club by lying and giving agenda driven opinion as fact.

I don't control him or anyone else and no one in the fanbase or amongst the shareholders should be made to quote "shut the ... up". Everyone is entitled to speak.

He's told people his "agenda". He supports AJ Bell and Downing and MSD. He told @AndyC on their Talking the Blues podcast and subsequently. He's also said he's not going to gain financially, multiple times out of all this.

Personally, I cannot make my mind up out of them, MSP or the other parties who is best as none of them have put forward enough information. Hence I'm not advocating anyone, as I've repeatedly stated on twitter and on here.

I'm of the personal view there is not yet enough information to decide. Hence, I support what the EFC Fan Advisory Board wrote and what other stakeholders in the club want to see. More information

I don't necessarily agree with everything FAB say, but the merit of what they're saying there I do.

The regulatory and legal stuff is overblown. They're investors who made bad investments and are recouping as much capital as possible.

That is their motivation with Everton. Given their position as a junior creditor (I'm making an assumption based on reports), their interests could be aligned with the club itself for a short term, no different than MSP.
I'm not across all the details of the Leadenhall case but do their claims not cast doubt on King's ability to just assume control of 777 assets & debts? If his plan is to take over the debt then convert it to equity would they not block such a move until the outcome of the case at least?

Because people don't trust the validity of his content that is seemingly nothing but a push to promote his blog with apparent click bait information because it's usually more wrong than a broken clock

Well everyone can make their own mind up, the fact is he can put his views out there and people can read or not read it. It is up to them.

I've got my own views as I've explained above, I listen to everyone and all the evidence and make my own mind up.