Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago it seemed just a matter of time to be 777, despite all their walls crashing around them, with unpaid staff/players at other clubs, lawsuits, grounded aircraft etc. Etc.
We were led to believe it was 777 keeping the lights on or administration.
At this moment in time i just feel grateful there are people out there who dont see us as a lost cause.

Currently I think I would lean Friedkin. Although MSP would be close as well.

I just think I get the most assurance from Friedkin from the options. His finances would land us right on around the edge of the top 10 in the prem from
my 15 minute google search lol. He has a very diverse portfolio so connects in terms of sponsorships and or leveraging the profits for the new stadium seem in his wheelhouse. But most importantly his reputation at Roma seems...well fine. Been scanning through Roma forums and most seem content. They say he isn't overbearing, has spent reasonably but is also willing to make tough choices.

I could be wrong but none of these are endless pockets crazy wealth options. Signing up for a not crazy overbearing involved owner who has at least demonstrated to be able to run a club competently, whose money is at least in the top half of the league seems like a steady pair of hands.

My main concern would be him balancing out both assets. Who would have priority or if one becomes more of a feeder for another would worry me, but I see I think the least risk with him. MSP I think has a lot going for it aswell. They are already in the building have a multi club model and other sports ventures and maybe most of all are in the best position to clear our hands of anything outstanding. But a venture group makes me a little wary along with the actual amount of dollars at the groups disposal.

Last edited:
Its a total coin flip until we get more information and we probably never will get more information, sadly.

This is a multi-billion pound industry, it seems unlikely people will make their plans public and if they do, stay well away, cos it means they are utterly clueless business people.

I think we’ll get bits of general info, obviously won’t get a detailed breakdown of the deals on offer or the respective parties plans for us.

Currently I think I would lean Friedkin. Although MSP would be close as well.

I just think I get the most assurance from Friedkin from the options. His finances would land us right on around the edge of the top 10 in the prem from
my 15 minute google search lol. He has a very diverse portfolio so connects in terms of sponsorships and or leveraging the profits for the new stadium seem in his wheelhouse. But most importantly his reputation at Roma seems...well fine. Been scanning through Roma forums and most seem content. They say he isn't overbearing, has spent reasonably but is also willing to make tough choices.

I could be wrong but none of these are endless pockets crazy wealth options. Signing up for a not crazy overbearing involved owner who has at least demonstrated to be able to run a club competently, whose money is at least in the top half of the league seems like a steady pair of hands.

My main concern would be him balancing out both assets. Who would have priority or if one becomes more of a feeder for another would worry me, but I see I think the least risk with him.
The problem with Friedkin is Roma is a pretty big club.

No major issue with the multi club model, but juggling 2 HUGE clubs in this day and age? Your eye must surely leave focus on 1 of them at certain points.

Its a minor concern, but I think I would prefer somebody truly focused on us or at least have us the centre piece of their stable.

From what ive read, my order would be :

Manky
MSP
Friedkin
Bell and Downing

Liable to change hourly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back