Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly mate, I couldn't agree more, I'm even more ancient than you and while Everton have been out of the top flight in my lifetime, I was too young to remember it. I hope I leave this life still not being aware of Everton as anything but a top flight club.
At last, someone older than me. Hang on in there, it is all I have left.

I’m done with Everton (and probably football as a whole) if we get bought by the Saudi state, or a consortium lead by them.

Some things are more important than football, and I wouldn’t be able to keep supporting the club without becoming a massive hypocrite who’s thrown away his morals, which is something I don’t want to be.

The problem with Friedkin is Roma is a pretty big club.

No major issue with the multi club model, but juggling 2 HUGE clubs in this day and age? Your eye must surely leave focus on 1 of them at certain points.

Its a minor concern, but I think I would prefer somebody truly focused on us or at least have us the centre piece of their stable.

From what ive read, my order would be :

Manky
MSP
Friedkin
Bell and Downing

Liable to change hourly.
My worry with Friedkin is, according to reports, he only wants to purchase 45% of the club. Taking into account his ownership of Roma, where does that leave us in the pecking order?

I’m done with Everton (and probably football as a whole) if we get bought by the Saudi state, or a consortium lead by them.

Some things are more important than football, and I wouldn’t be able to keep supporting the club without becoming a massive hypocrite who’s thrown away his morals, which is something I don’t want to be.

I would to, but I still fill my car with petrol.

That’s totally fair enough as a moral stance but there’s been no suggestion of that happening, think there’s been an overexcited reaction in some corners to one person in a much bigger consortium potentially being from Saudi, no sign at all of state involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back