Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would to, but I still fill my car with petrol.
Good point that. At the end of the day it is just the way of the world these days. For example, China, not the best reputation, but everyone’s house is full of Chinese made products. Obviously it is up to the individual but I wouldn’t desert Everton if it was taken over by Saudi’s as I have no control over that and it is potentially only temporary anyway. Any incoming owner is likely to have negatives these day for one reason or another

But hey, its exciting stuff right?

Makes a change from reading boring click bait stories regarding made up transfers rumours.

And at least the talk of Administration and Fire Sales has gone away.
But, Sam Matterface says……

I can't believe what you're comparing the purchase of the majority share of Everton Football Club to.

I really can't.

No wonder we ended up with 30 years of Bill Kenwright and then latterly 8 years of Farhad Moshiri

Is that Moshiri, who you kept calling the Force Multiplier when he first arrived and who you tried to make him out would be a massive success.
Screenshot_20240610_212041_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240610_212112_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240610_212253_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240610_212321_Chrome.webp

Is that Moshiri, who you kept calling the Force Multiplier when he first arrived and who you tried to make him out would be a massive success.

Clearly. It has not gone as expected.

Clearly. I've learnt my mistake. Haven't I?

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't want to repeat it for Everton Football Club's sake.

30 years of Bill Kenwright and no trophies and declining competitiveness is enough for anyone!

I can tell you some things that have been going on at our football club in this time.

Enough is enough

Clearly. It has not gone as expected.

Clearly. I've learnt my mistake. Haven't I?

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't want to repeat it for Everton Football Club's sake.

30 years of Bill Kenwright and no trophies and declining competitiveness is enough for anyone!

I can tell you some things that have been going on at our football club in this time.

Enough is enough

What was it you said about KEIOC and the campaign groups who protested about Kenwright many years ago?

My preference would be a solid owner who runs us properly but with the right values. Someone who doesn’t go breaking all the rules and then throw lawyers in.

I just want a solid 7th each year and a day out at Wembley 2-3 times every decade Occasionally qualify for a UEFA tournament. Not every year so we take it for granted. 2-3 good young players coming through the academy. Full BMD each year and a yellow wall type reputation for atmosphere.

Am I asking for too much gang?

Any owner that has other motives? Sorry, not for me.

End him Damo.

Manky or bust.

I don't need to end him

What was it you said about KEIOC and the campaign groups who protested about Kenwright many years ago?

When some on here in October 2023 were going through historical revisionism over Bill Kenwright. I didn't. I owned it.

Never again, can we allow our football club and it's fans to be put in the position we all were. Such as on 14 January 2023 when the club's corporate management were portraying it's fans (and targeting their opposition) as "thugs" in the national media. Never again!

My preference would be a solid owner who runs us properly but with the right values. Someone who doesn’t go breaking all the rules and then throw lawyers in.

I just want a solid 7th each year and a day out at Wembley 2-3 times every decade Occasionally qualify for a UEFA tournament. Not every year so we take it for granted. 2-3 good young players coming through the academy. Full BMD each year and a yellow wall type reputation for atmosphere.

Am I asking for too much gang?

Any owner that has other motives? Sorry, not for me.

None of the bidders has publicly stated their goal is 7th, but there's still time.

More like the chaos multiplier.

Precisely. It was harder for Moshiri to get it wrong, given the resources he had at the time and put in, than to get it right

He kept Bill Kenwright as Chairman, mistake numero uno. Who was into everything, signing players (look at what Davide Ancelotti said about him "offering advice") when he had no competency to do so

It was a disaster and that started in 2016. Ashley Williams. Sigurdsson for big money. No plan. Just went to pot. Because there was no plan. Egos at work.

We cannot have that happen again.

There is other stuff, Kenwright put prohibitions on staff from interacting with his critics. That has been going on at the club for a long time. It's pathetic! No way to run a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back