Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely. It was harder for Moshiri to get it wrong, given the resources he had at the time and put in, than to get it right

He kept Bill Kenwright as Chairman, mistake numero uno. Who was into everything, signing players (look at what Davide Ancelotti said about him "offering advice") when he had no competency to do so

It was a disaster and that started in 2016. Ashley Williams. Sigurdsson for big money. No plan. Just went to pot. Because there was no plan. Egos at work.

We cannot have that happen again.

There is other stuff, Kenwright put prohibitions on staff from interacting with his critics. That has been going on at the club for a long time. It's pathetic! No way to run a business.

Davide Ancelotti never said anything mate. Those quotes were blag.

[Edit] That said, keen we remain on topic which isn't that, or Moshiris mistakes really. It's about who people prefer/think will take over and discussing them.

Had the wool pulled over my eyes too many times. To me all this feels too good to be true.

Ever tried to flog something on ebay and got a few friends to put in a couple of fake bids to up the price or get some bids going?

The club is leveraged financially. It will still be leveraged when a transaction goes through. I think excitement at any of this is probably a bit misguided.

We should all hope that the next group comes in, is competent enough to fix the balance sheet, and finds other investment or sells the club once it's de-levered and the cost structure is more in line with revenues and consistent. No one ever sung that from the stands, I don't think.

The club is leveraged financially. It will still be leveraged when a transaction goes through. I think excitement at any of this is probably a bit misguided.

We should all hope that the next group comes in, is competent enough to fix the balance sheet, and finds other investment or sells the club once it's de-levered and the cost structure is more in line with revenues and consistent. No one ever sung that from the stands, I don't think.

why can’t the debt be wiped?

1000050455.webp
BREAKING NEWS: EVERTON'S SAUDI ROYAL REVEALED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back