Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s totally fair enough as a moral stance but there’s been no suggestion of that happening, think there’s been an overexcited reaction in some corners to one person in a much bigger consortium potentially being from Saudi, no sign at all of state involvement.
I mean, the reports I’ve read have stated it’s a member of the Saudi royal family, which for me would be enough of a link that I wouldn’t be comfortable supporting the club. Not casting any aspirations on anyone else who’s not put off by it, but for me personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable.

Racist... So @Raino85 tells me.
Mate......you claim a random black guy looks like idrissa gueye, because he was black
1718049306489.webp

I mean, the reports I’ve read have stated it’s a member of the Saudi royal family, which for me would be enough of a link that I wouldn’t be comfortable supporting the club. Not casting any aspirations on anyone else who’s not put off by it, but for me personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable.
Fair enough although there are thousands of “Saudi royals” in that country so personally I’d wait to see who it is and what ties if any they have to the government.

I’d be deeply uncomfortable about direct government involvement with their horrendous record, but then I’d also be a bit uncomfortable judging a private citizen acting in a private capacity because of the actions of that government. I guess like much of this it’s a wait and see for me.

But hey, its exciting stuff right?

Makes a change from reading boring click bait stories regarding made up transfers rumours.

And at least the talk of Administration and Fire Sales has gone away.
Exciting 🤫

Wait til it drops Moshiri does a double Kenwright and only sells to the bidder that let's him keep a small stake & a seat on the board 😳

We've not seen the true excitement yet 🔥

Bell/Downing bid is secured on the stadium which I think means if it doesn’t work out with them they will end up with the stadium - I’m not happy with them

Not quite.

MSD will provide the cash, reported to be £350m to cover outstanding debt and finish stadium build, this will be guaranteed against the stadium.

Essentially a % (most likely high) of income from the stadium (because we don't generate income from elsewhere) will go to repay the loan over 'n' years.

Not quite.

MSD will provide the cash, reported to be £350m to cover outstanding debt and finish stadium build, this will be guaranteed against the stadium.

Essentially a % (most likely high) of income from the stadium (because we don't generate income from elsewhere) will go to repay the loan over 'n' years.
That has to change going forward though, hopefully whoever takes over makes some decent football related appointments to the club so we can start making the most out of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back