Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to retain Branthwaite AND get their hands in their pockets.

If they dont do that then they're no 'kin use to us. We may as well have Moshiri hang another few months for another buyer.
If Arsenal move quick for Onana before United get anywhere near our valuation for JB, that would help our standing even more, the longer we frustrate them the more likely they’ll move to other targets

If it drags on and we're selling key players and buying in tat and then the window closes, that'll be my mind made up on Freidkin.

Deeds. That's all he'll be judged on. And that Roma model is a recipe for disaster with us. We have a terrible scouting network that's on its knees and and we have no young talent coming through...and we have no real pulling power for good young players that wont cost the earth.

We're in a world of trouble if Freidkin tries and lays the template of what's happened at Roma onto us. It'll be a terrible fit.

We need cash spent on a threadbare squad that'll get even more threadbare by August.
So you’ll judge him based on what happens in a period he has no control over the club and isn’t yet approved as an owner?

Fun & games. If it's the Roma guy, i'll be disappointed because it's a multi-club model and I think that stinks.

Everyone's said Moshiri will make the wrong decision
And very possible he sees his Roma team as top of the tree so to speak. Already established and invested with them.

Nobody is buying a premier league team like Everton and not having them top of the tree against a serie A side.
Guess what the Roma supporters are saying… “You dont have a club like Roma and not have them sitting at the top of the tree”

In recent times who’s the most successful? Who’s been skirting with relegation and not had a sniff of any European competition? Who’s going to need a massive overall?

Far easier to have Roma at the top at least for the short to medium term

Unlike 777, Dan Friedkin very clearly has proof of funds and i feel pretty safe to assume he would have no issues passing a fit and proper owners test. Because of this you would hope a deal would be pretty quick to be approved by the Prem if Moshiri and Friedkin agree to terms.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe agreed to his deal to purchase United on the 24th of December. The Prem and FA approved it on the 14th of Feb.

I totally appreciate a deal still hasn’t been totally agreed but if it’s done in the coming days surely it’s a chance to be completed before the start of the season.
The Esk has given it the thumbs up .......

Just been watching a video on him where it declares he's a devout Catholic... you'll be glad to know @davek

Also married to the CEO of Paramount pictures.
Love ls love
Screenshot_20240615-000327_Chrome.webp

Der das may not agree

Guess what the Roma supporters are saying… “You dont have a club like Roma and not have them sitting at the top of the tree”

In recent times who’s the most successful? Who’s been skirting with relegation and not had a sniff of any European competition? Who’s going to need a massive overall?

Far easier to have Roma at the top at least for the short to medium term
I get your point BUT we play in the most popular and richest league in the world. Would be much easier to significantly increase our revenues compared to Roma. Granted, getting into European competition, particularly the Champions League, will be more difficult with us but he stands a chance of making more money over the long term.

All that being said, I suspect he will sell Roma if the Saudi interest is genuine.

I'm warming to Friedkin and there seems to be some good will from Roma fans. But you can't have two clubs. Like a man with two wives. 👀😵‍💫
We are akin to a desperate middle aged woman going over to the middle east and straight into an Islamic lads kitchen. While he has his bedroom wife (Roma)

Im all for it. Let's make some koshary Ev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back