Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what the Roma supporters are saying… “You dont have a club like Roma and not have them sitting at the top of the tree”

In recent times who’s the most successful? Who’s been skirting with relegation and not had a sniff of any European competition? Who’s going to need a massive overall?

Far easier to have Roma at the top at least for the short to medium term
They aren't in the PL and with a new stadium coming. The PL trumps it

I get your point BUT we play in the most popular and richest league in the world. Would be much easier to significantly increase our revenues compared to Roma. Granted, getting into European competition, particularly the Champions League, will be more difficult with us but he stands a chance of making more money over the long term.

All that being said, I suspect he will sell Roma if the Saudi interest is genuine.

I agree. The key difference is we own our own stadium. The kit and caboodle.

They don't.

Deeds he'll be judged on.

I also think there's a possibility he doesn't take a majority stake in the club either. Certainly short term. That group who own Roma might want to wait until UEFA rule on multi-team ownership.

If they stamp down on it then he'll stick with a minority stake...which he's said to have favoured in any case.

There's a lot of mileage left in this takeover saga yet...
Yeah but atleast there is finally a takeover on the cards...

I admit I don't know anything about the bloke, but we are finally selling our club to a man who is already in the football business and knows how to run a club.
He isn't coming to purchase the Stadium, he want's the club.

Maybe I just need this over and done with, but I think he could end up being the right man.
He just sacked 'The Special One' so he's got his head screwed on.

Wouldn't complain if he loaned us 'Abraham' aswell..

We have a list that keeps expanding like Woodworms coming out the wall, are they even real and if so 'Who The Hell Are They' 🤷‍♂️
this man has atleast been in the football club ownership for a while now and has improved the club he owns.

I want/need this all done soon, so there is no complaints on 'Friedkin' from me. ( Especially coming from 777 )

I don't want to be no 2nd club though !!!

IMG_3159.webp

Need to know more about the details but on the face of it he has the wealth and experience of running a club. The main question is the multi club model and how it will work but PL is the most attractive league regardless....

@Zatara.

It's difficult to judge Roma's transfer business. We're trying to comply with FFP regulations since ages.

What I can say is that Friedkin has invested A LOT, but mainly outside the pitch. Considering the price paid to the previous owners, the money spent to buy 100% of the shares - Roma was a public company - and switch to private company, the money spent to pay some debts and so on, It's been calculated that he spent 929 million euros since 2020. No other investment like this in Italy lately.

The guy has resources, obviously not enough to fight Arabic sovereign funds.

As for the transfers, the problem is...he chose Mourinho, who wanted experienced players. It was obviously a bad choice for a team that had to be rebuilt from scratch with FFP limitations in place. With De Rossi and the new sporting director Ghisolfi, the focus will shift to young promising player. It's already been announced.

The results have been extremely good in Europe (1 conference league won, 1 Europa League final lost, 1 Europa League semifinal in 3 years) and mediocre in Serie A (7th - 6th - 6th - 6th).

Is he going to be selling our best players as he seems to have done with you?

Or do you think he will try and build a good squad over time if hes finally looking at investing in yourh with Roma.

Just the transfer business alone looks poor and that may be due to Mourinho but the president chose that strategy.

Wonder what he thinks of dyche and thelwell?
One thing im sure of, he wont wanna pay out huge sums of money on a club for tye team to be starting in their new fancy stadium as a championship club.

Even if we do have to sell branthwaite to adhere to this seasons psr, is it likely his all equity purchase will free up decent funds for purchases in the remainder of transfer season? (or if needed, in the january transfer market)?

Wonder what he thinks of dyche and thelwell?
One thing im sure of, he wont wanna pay out huge sums of money on a club for tye team to be starting in their new fancy stadium as a championship club.

Even if we do have to sell branthwaite to adhere to this seasons psr, is it likely his all equity purchase will free up decent funds for purchases in the remainder of transfer season? (or if needed, in the january transfer market)?

….he can’t fail to be impressed with what Dyche is achieving. Not sure how DoF works in a multi club model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back