Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's zero chance we'd be a feeder club given how much money he'll have to put down to buy us, surely if that's his plan he'd buy a much cheaper and less debt-ridden team. I suspect both clubs will be run with the same importance. Having links with such a storied and successful team can only be a positive, as well as a foothold in the best place to find young talent in France.
I suspect he will sell Roma…there have been rumours for quite some time as I understand it

The owner of roma will be the owner of everton . He thinks roma is better , better everton players become roma players. Repeat.
It's extremely unlikely imho. If he had something similar in mind, he would have chosen another club. Everton has a huge fan base and great potential.
Last year for example, Roma signed a partnership with Hull City. If he was looking for a Roma satellite in the UK, he would have bought Hull City.

And you don't spend all that money on a satellite.

Lots of rumours that Jarrad is in Manchester today. I'm hoping he turns them down and aims higher next summer.
Can't see that being true...unless he's doing a bit of shopping.

He's apparently already agreed terms/salary level. So unless we've agreed a deal, which is highly unlikely given the opening bid, he's not going to be in Manchester signing a contract.

Every club sells players when they get offers they find acceptable.

I know how important and good Branners is, but his sale would allow us to invest in 2 or 3 players, which whilst not as good, allows us to improve the overall quality of the team.

In theory.

We bought Onana and Branners for around 35m, to get back over 100m and potentially investing that money into the squad is worth a lot.
It isn't that simple, however, because due to PSR a sizeable percentage of the first major sale will not go on reinvesting the squad, but rather keeping us afloat.

To significantly reinvest in the squad, we will need to sell two players.

They're after stadium projects and growth opportunities for sure. If we get a look around, European football is full of US investors who do the same. What sets Friedkin apart, imho, is that he seems to have huge respect for the specific features of European sport. Before Friedkin, we had another American owner - a hedge fund manager - who even obtained better results on the pitch, but never got in tune with the fans.

There's no doubt they'll get these new structures in France and the UK. Italy is a completely different situation...

they had to abandon the old project set up by the former ownership and completely change location. They've almost reached the stage at which the old project was stopped. But building a massive 60000 stadium in Rome is a nightmare. Not only bureaucracy, but serious risk of finding archeological remains, local people who get mad and try to block anything. We also have a Fine Arts Department with enormous power that is involved in any decision. If you find the remains of an ancient Roman aqueduct you're done. You have to move. I'm pretty sure they can build it, but they'll have to wait at least 5 or 6 years from now.

You're describing the next season of Suburra :)

Utterly despise the entire concept .
I could not care less about the other clubs involved .
What you have illustrated here is one of the big reasons the concept appals me.
You are not supporting a football club but a multi national business.
Not for me I’m afraid .
What’s next ?
Going the match with quartered scarves 😀?
And ‘Friedkin’ on them ?😀
If your vision ever becomes a reality , I will find a better use for me time on matchdays with little regret as it won’t be me leaving the club as the club will have left me.

I believe the Sci-Fi movies/series where global corporations are in control will happen in the future...many years from now of course.

You look at Musk and what his plans are on other worlds and we will see a Tesla spacestation become a Tesla city on Mars. Its perhaps not going to only be a country or region taking ownership.

A simple concept for a child of supporting Everton is one thing. But to also offer them a ready made Italian, French and other clubs and leagues gateway to entertainment seems quite a logical pathway.

Doesnt take anything away from Everton but does open up more to viewers.

If this is what happens then its a good concept for Everton seeing as Friedkin has two of the best names in Europe with Cannes also bringing a good opportunity.

Lots of rumours that Jarrad is in Manchester today. I'm hoping he turns them down and aims higher next summer.
It won't take much for a United to be competing with Liverpool again. They'll likely spend a few hundred minimum within the next two transfer windows.

It isn't that simple, however, because due to PSR a sizeable percentage of the first major sale will not go on reinvesting the squad, but rather keeping us afloat.

Agree and we will sell at least 2.

And we probably would regardless for the huge PSR bump.

Whoever owns us has to contend with PSR. Newcastle owners are worth 450m billion and they have the same issue, it seems. No doubt they will get around it more creatively.

Agree and we will sell at least 2.

And we probably would regardless for the huge PSR bump.

Whoever owns us has to contend with PSR. Newcastle owners are worth 450m billion and they have the same issue, it seems. No doubt they will get around it more creatively.
They'll be announcing multi-million pound match day cutlery sponsorship before long 🙄

Would it not be possible to spend/reinvest as @Goat suggests in the new financial year, once we have satisfied this year's PSR restrictions?

Would it not be possible to spend/reinvest as @Goat suggests in the new financial year, once we have satisfied this year's PSR restrictions?
I think we sell Brsnners pre July and Onana after The Euros.

Which satisfies the current PSR window and next seasons.

Which would then, in theory allow us to invest the funds from both of those sales, as long as our debt issues were resolved and also funds needed for the Stadium came from the owner and not the club.

In my very uneducated opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back