Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess a few different options have been dangled and people will have had different favourites, but compared to how things were looking over the last few months this is dreamland stuff really. A month ago we were discussing whether the club would be best taking the 9 points for administration before the season ended.
Very much this

Its very similar to when the FSG bought Liverpool .The Reds I knew were pretty much split , some worried about the asset stripping reputation of a big franchise & some very much relieved as administration was very close.
It took a little time & restructuring but I'm sure they are happy with the outcome.

A matter of weeks ago we were getting bought by cowboys saddling the club with enormous debts , would snap your hands off for this outcome .

The trauma of the last few seasons and all good and bad faith actors to one side for a moment….

Looks like we’re coming out the far side of this in a DEBT FREE new stadium
Well, that would be a dream scenario.

It's only right people are sceptical. We have been had by too many snake-oil salesmen over the years in Bill Kenwright, Philip Green, Robert Earl, Christopher Samuelson, Roberto Martinez, Robert Elstone, The Esk, Josh Wander...

But it looks like we might at least be on the right track now, fingers crossed.

So you're calling him a " spiv" even before he's set foot in through the door. And no I'm not defending him just repeating what actually happened and what is happening. Did you miss the bit about leading our club to ruin, ah thought so. As for the wonderful ground were building, the vaults won't be very kind to you will they mate. You brought the vaults up..
My view of the stadium is spot on: design flawed; location and backdrop sensational.

Guess a few different options have been dangled and people will have had different favourites, but compared to how things were looking over the last few months this is dreamland stuff really. A month ago we were discussing whether the club would be best taking the 9 points for administration before the season ended.
I never thought that. It was about as remote as any scenario there could be.

We were always going to get a lot of interest once we stayed up and secured our PL future...and with that stadium about to come on stream.

It's a hybrid stadium that falls between two stools.

It's still going to be magnificent though given the setting.

You could have the Kirkbydome down there and it'd look world class.
Have you been to see it Dave?

All the drones are great and the vids and pictures, but when you see it, you wont consider it flawed, in any way.

Its no Allianz, but she is still beautiful.

And besides, its not a Stadium yet, its a building project.

Goodison at 1 point was just a building project, Stadiums are made by the games that are played in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back