Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much this

Its very similar to when the FSG bought Liverpool .The Reds I knew were pretty much split , some worried about the asset stripping reputation of a big franchise & some very much relieved as administration was very close.
It took a little time & restructuring but I'm sure they are happy with the outcome.

A matter of weeks ago we were getting bought by cowboys saddling the club with enormous debts , would snap your hands off for this outcome .
It’s all because of Klopp. They were close to mutiny before Klopp came to their rescue.

I know all of this. I find it hard to believe there are no names attached to it, hence I doubt it was a serious bid.
I've been involved with deals between manufacturers and buyers running at hundreds of millions, some of those manufacturers don't know who's paying for the product until the last few months of 3/4 year project. It's not unusual.

Always be more suspicious of the shouty ones, they're usually less serious.

Have you been to see it Dave?

All the drones are great and the vids and pictures, but when you see it, you wont consider it flawed, in any way.

Its no Allianz, but she is still beautiful.

And besides, its not a Stadium yet, its a building project.

Goodison at 1 point was just a building project, Stadiums are made by the games that are played in it.
I've been there loads of times.

I agree with your last sentence, but I'm just not overly fussed on the design. I think it would have been a far different looking (more futuristic) stadium if the club hadn't been shackled by the likes of Historic England to 'fit in' down at the docks.

like I say, Klopp carried the entire club for almost a decade and they enjoyed stability and success on the pitch which will probably make any owner look good.

That lot were protesting and demanding for change just like us when things were terrible on the pitch.
We are talking ownership here , Hicks & Gillet were making a right pigs ear of it & almost forcing the club into administration.

They had a plan in place & provided finance and they had the nouse to hire Klopp.

So I would say they got it very right.

I wouldn't mind half of what FSG done for that lot.

I've been there loads of times.

I agree with your last sentence, but I'm just not overly fussed on the design. I think it would have been a far different looking (more futuristic) stadium if the club hadn't been shackled by the likes of Historic England to 'fit in' down at the docks.
Im sure it will evolve over time.

Its just a wall, it cant stay up forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back