Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, most Everton fans REALLY dont want Branners sold, hes a wonderful talent and a joy to watch, who is only going to get better, but im an Everton fan.

From an Everton "owner" POV, why the hell wouldnt you sell a player you bought for buttons for an obscene amount of money, which also fixes any PSR concerns you might have, not only for this period, but next period.

But hey, if United dont start offering proper money, he might stay anyway.

Its a quick win isn't it for new owner.

I've been there loads of times.

I agree with your last sentence, but I'm just not overly fussed on the design. I think it would have been a far different looking (more futuristic) stadium if the club hadn't been shackled by the likes of Historic England to 'fit in' down at the docks.

….were you on the planning Committee that turned the Cavern into a car park?

It's extremely unlikely imho. If he had something similar in mind, he would have chosen another club. Everton has a huge fan base and great potential.
Last year for example, Roma signed a partnership with Hull City. If he was looking for a Roma satellite in the UK, he would have bought Hull City.

And you don't spend all that money on a satellite.
That's fair enough let's hope . I can't say I know much about him but being a less important club in a multi club ownership system doesn't sound too promising.

The problem is, most Everton fans REALLY dont want Branners sold, hes a wonderful talent and a joy to watch, who is only going to get better, but im an Everton fan.

From an Everton "owner" POV, why the hell wouldnt you sell a player you bought for buttons for an obscene amount of money, which also fixes any PSR concerns you might have, not only for this period, but next period.

But hey, if United dont start offering proper money, he might stay anyway.
I think the reason not to sell from a business perspective is that he will be an England regular after England bomb out if this tournament, we’re better off waiting until he makes that transition. If it were possible to hold out, we should.

A company bringing in $11billion of annual revenue will be looking at this as a long tern strategy i'd expect. A $100mil or a $200mil profit on a Roma sale after using €1bil capital on it makes little sense in the big picture.

What interests me is this:

Roma -- Big name, financial problems, will build a new stadium.

Everton -- Big name, financial problems and building a new stadium

Cannes -- Famous location, fallen down the leagues and refurbishing their stadium.

So, it seems like Friedkin group want to buy in to these types of clubs with massive growth potential, improve their homes and gradually improve them.

Long term strategies it seems. You'd only really need a Spanish club and you could potentially build all 4 clubs up so in future you can offer tv deals as a 4club, 4 league package.

It only works if all clubs are near the top of their leagues and the branding is high level.

Indeed…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back