Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason not to sell from a business perspective is that he will be an England regular after England bomb out if this tournament, we’re better off waiting until he makes that transition. If it were possible to hold out, we should.
I get that, but I suspect the PSR charge is a pressing concern, for the club.

I know most are saying "just take the 4 points" and thats certainly an option, I just dont think its an option the club are considering.

There is also the small matter of us needing funds from 777 for the last 8 months, so we kind really need the money.

Realistically, any new owner wont be in for weeks/months, till then we got bills to pay.

Sure they could loan us more money, but what if they fail fit and proper?

I just, sadly, think selling Branners before 30th June makes so much sense for the club, its a shame, but its the way I see it.

I am aware that there are many other options that could happen.

But you should console yourself with my wonderful record of being wrong 100% of the time.

I know most are saying "just take the 4 points" and thats certainly an option, I just dont think its an option the club are considering.

There is also the small matter of us needing funds from 777 for the last 8 months, so we kind really need the money.

Realistically, any new owner wont be in for weeks/months, till then we got bills to pay.

I just, sadly, think selling Branners before 30th June makes so much sense for the club, its a shame, but its the way I see it.

But you should console yourself with my wonderful record of being wrong 100% of the time.
Can see it happening but if not I think this time next year he’s the top target in the market

Can see it happening but if not I think this time next year he’s the top target in the market
I dont think many teams have money to spend preJune either and if they do, they dont really wanna pay Branners money.

So thats why it seems only United are in, for some reason they must have cash to spend.

For sure if we could keep him after June or maybe next year there would be many more clubs, but as above, I think we are focused on a pre June sale.

We'll see more can kicking IMO - ways to get money into the club until restrictions lifted or a suitable (silly oil money, or Textor resolves C.Palace), buyer wades in.
Unfortunately The Friedkin Group buying the club is very unlikely to happen.

Farhad Moshiri is unsurprisingly being very unprofessional in all of this.

Parties have completely walked away due to how Farhad Moshiri is behaving and grown very frustrated at him and advisors.

The Friedkin Group are likely to walk away I’m told as Moshiri keeps changing the deal and also they have looked at the numbers and are concerned.

Worrying times for the club, very worrying. :(

I think if it was City, Arsenal or a Bayern then their would be an acceptance of sorts he has to go.

But to Utd? They're facing some tough years and we all know he can do better.

We didn’t “need” the funds from 777, our owner simply chose to take them.

For the right money we agree to maybe. But we still have to agree to it, he is contracted with us right?
But if his heart is set on joining Man U there's little we could do. When your facing yet another difficult season the last thing you want is a young player acting up. Obviously we don't know what Branthwaite's character is like,he might get his head down and get on with it,or do a Lescott. But being under contract counts for little these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back