Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if his heart is set on joining Man U there's little we could do. When your facing yet another difficult season the last thing you want is a young player acting up. Obviously we don't know what Branthwaite's character is like,he might get his head down and get on with it,or do a Lescott. But being under contract counts for little these days.

Don't care about how he behaves.. do you think other clubs care. No they demand the top dollar. We have to stop being push overs

But if his heart is set on joining Man U there's little we could do. When your facing yet another difficult season the last thing you want is a young player acting up. Obviously we don't know what Branthwaite's character is like,he might get his head down and get on with it,or do a Lescott. But being under contract counts for little these days.
Precisely. Just because we are reading whatever in the media let’s not assume the worst. I highly doubt he will go on strike and it would not give off a very good view to any potential future employers would it? Everything about him oozes professionalism, if we don’t get what we want I think he will be understanding and play on, he’s young and has the world at his feet.

We are talking ownership here , Hicks & Gillet were making a right pigs ear of it & almost forcing the club into administration.

They had a plan in place & provided finance and they had the nouse to hire Klopp.

So I would say they got it very right.

I wouldn't mind half of what FSG done for that lot.

They were lucky with Klopp. Who was jobless at that time. It was a gamble that paid off after his disastrous final season at Dortmund.

I don’t think their new manager is capable of replicating the same success, he may well spend a few hundred millions, failed to qualify for champions league for a couple of season and the club will be in turmoil with fans screaming Henry out.

The stability of any ownership can only be achieve with success on the pitch.

Ratcliffe has made his fortune trying to buy assets way below market value from distressed sellers and then screwing down his suppliers and staff to keep his costs low.

He is following the same MO at United. His first purchase sets his tone so we need to avoid being the first club to sell to him. He will never make a fair offer for Branthwaite in this situation so we simply have to be stubborn and keep saying no.

We either solve PSR by selling Onana or accept a points deduction but we cannot be the first dummies to get mugged by the offshore, tax-evading Tory shyster (that bit is just for Dave).

Very much doubt any aspiring player would want to go to them to be honest.

Will Friedkin have any idea what state the club is in financially until he does due diligence?
I'd hope if we have an idea then he would have a much clearer picture already. You would be slightly nervous about these things though. His group would have done their own assessment and I guess due diligence has to work both ways.

Unfortunately The Friedkin Group buying the club is very unlikely to happen.

Farhad Moshiri is unsurprisingly being very unprofessional in all of this.

Parties have completely walked away due to how Farhad Moshiri is behaving and grown very frustrated at him and advisors.

The Friedkin Group are likely to walk away I’m told as Moshiri keeps changing the deal and also they have looked at the numbers and are concerned.

Worrying times for the club, very worrying. :(
Gutted. Thanks for sharing this incredibly sensitive information on our forum mate.

It's a real pity about this deal collapsing, but please stick around to pass on any other real Everton inside knowledge.

But if his heart is set on joining Man U there's little we could do. When you’re facing yet another difficult season the last thing you want is a young player acting up. Obviously we don't know what Branthwaite's character is like,he might get his head down and get on with it,or do a Lescott. But being under contract counts for little these days.
another negative poster on here, embarrassing.

Stones put in a transfer request and still didn’t leave till the following summer and we nearly doubled the price in 12 months

Parties have completely walked away due to how Farhad Moshiri is behaving and grown very frustrated at him and advisors.

The Friedkin Group are likely to walk away I’m told as Moshiri keeps changing the deal and also they have looked at the numbers and are concerned.

Obvious Kopite or Geordie is obvious

Hey the last Geordie on here said his sister was getting bummed by Masters and that we were getting a 10pt deduction.

DON'T DOUBT ANYONE 🤣

You mean the numbers that are all in the public domain? The numbers Friedkin needed to be aware of to put a deal together and agree it with Moshiri.

Ok 👍🏼

The numbers that have been known for the last 9 months - hey ho

Last edited:
palinha's heart is set on joining bayern munich but he's a professional who understands that he is under contract and can't leave unless fulham get top dollar for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back