Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would doubt it, unless he needs the money……
There have been rumours that the Saudis have wanted to buy Roma for some time, so maybe he sees this as an opportunity to sell up, earn some dough and invests in us. Given our recent (read generational) lack of success that Roma would be the top of the pyramid in the existing potential structure, if he did sell up and it was just us an Cannes I’d be comfortable in that scenario - time will tell us many things!

The problem is, most Everton fans REALLY dont want Branners sold, hes a wonderful talent and a joy to watch, who is only going to get better, but im an Everton fan.

From an Everton "owner" POV, why the hell wouldnt you sell a player you bought for buttons for an obscene amount of money, which also fixes any PSR concerns you might have, not only for this period, but next period.

But hey, if United dont start offering proper money, he might stay anyway.
1. Good PR - new man in town selling star players hardly going to get him in everyone’s Christmas card list
2. Weighing up whether keeping him and slightly breaching PSR is worth more in points over a season than selling him
4. Selling him only fixes this period potentially, not a second period
5. If someone like Onana can be sold to keep the PSR wolves from the door, that’s option 1 for me, must try and keep JB

Erm Lescott. If a player wants away,they find a way
The other clubs including the rs have shown time and time again, it does not matter what a player wants (most recent example being Salah) if you want them to stay, they stay. It may take a pay rise but it can be done - another example of how soft we have become as a club under you know who

Due to popular demand I will give my synopsis on Dan Friedkin. Outside of the Manoukian bid he was the best of an average bunch in my eyes therefore I am content enough with the deal.

Unfortunately, without oil money we'll never break into the elite but hopefully Friedkin has the ability to have us in the conversation for European football in the near future.

Be interesting how he handles both EFC & Roma, I personally think he'll sell Roma to the PIF and jump ship completely. There is no room in a multi club model for two big teams unless you have the financial muscle of a PIF/Shiekh Mansour to invest the kinds of money to make multiple teams successful.

One positive, is that it looks like MSP & also Super Blue pairing Bellwhiff & Downer are out the running. Lets see what Friedkin can do.

Due to popular demand I will give my synopsis on Dan Friedkin. Outside of the Manoukian bid he was the best of an average bunch in my eyes therefore I am content enough with the deal.

Unfortunately, without oil money we'll never break into the elite but hopefully Friedkin has the ability to have us in the conversation for European football in the near future.

Be interesting how he handles both EFC & Roma, I personally think he'll sell Roma to the PIF and jump ship completely. There is no room in a multi club model for two big teams unless you have the financial muscle of a PIF/Shiekh Mansour to invest the kinds of money to make multiple teams successful.

One positive, is that it looks like MSP & also Super Blue pairing Bellwhiff & Downer are out the running. Lets see what Friedkin can do.
😂 😂 😂

... new owner should prioritise selling Onana before end of June / the club should be actively working on this.

We can 100% finish mid-table with this squad minus Onana, Harrison on loan and a cheap, young CM to add competition in the squad.

Surely £50/60m brought in by then fixes our position regards possible point deductions.

Branthwaite's value won't drop next season and with a new owner in town, heading into the new ground and staying up, we'll be in a much better position to survive losing Jarrad in 12 months time.

... new owner should prioritise selling Onana before end of June / the club should be actively working on this.

We can 100% finish mid-table with this squad minus Onana, Harrison on loan and a cheap, young CM to add competition in the squad.

Surely £50/60m brought in by then fixes our position regards possible point deductions.

Branthwaite's value won't drop next season and with a new owner in town, heading into the new ground and staying up, we'll be in a much better position to survive losing Jarrad in 12 months time.

There is no way at all that any owner is going to be in situ before the end of June. If exclusivity is granted tomorrow, we open our books and they do their proper due diligence. That will take a little while. Then they agree to buy us and they go through the Premier League assessment, which they should pass but will still take a couple of weeks bare minimum. I'd be surprised if it was all done and dusted before the end of July

There is no way at all that any owner is going to be in situ before the end of June. If exclusivity is granted tomorrow, we open our books and they do their proper due diligence. That will take a little while. Then they agree to buy us and they go through the Premier League assessment, which they should pass but will still take a couple of weeks bare minimum. I'd be surprised if it was all done and dusted before the end of July
That's why I said the club should be working on getting Onana sold. Any potential new owner will know the score regarding need to sell a player ASAP, and they will very likely opt for that player to be Onana.

Unfortunately The Friedkin Group buying the club is very unlikely to happen.

Farhad Moshiri is unsurprisingly being very unprofessional in all of this.

Parties have completely walked away due to how Farhad Moshiri is behaving and grown very frustrated at him and advisors.

The Friedkin Group are likely to walk away I’m told as Moshiri keeps changing the deal and also they have looked at the numbers and are concerned.

Worrying times for the club, very worrying. :(
Sad little Kopite, embarrassing.

"Due to popular demand" hahaha

He'll make Everton great again.

Are we even allowed to sell or buy if we are talking to investors. Shouldn't it be no deals until takeover completed.

Why would you buy if the owner is selling the best assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back