Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... new owner should prioritise selling Onana before end of June / the club should be actively working on this.

We can 100% finish mid-table with this squad minus Onana, Harrison on loan and a cheap, young CM to add competition in the squad.

Surely £50/60m brought in by then fixes our position regards possible point deductions.

Branthwaite's value won't drop next season and with a new owner in town, heading into the new ground and staying up, we'll be in a much better position to survive losing Jarrad in 12 months time.
This one may sound obvious but we won’t be signing anyone until/if a new owner is in. Moshiri has given the budget of…£0. 🤡

The other clubs including the rs have shown time and time again, it does not matter what a player wants (most recent example being Salah) if you want them to stay, they stay. It may take a pay rise but it can be done - another example of how soft we have become as a club under you know who
Obviously if a player is under contract you can force him to say,how that turns out is gambling on the players attitude to you enforcing his contract.

Unfortunately The Friedkin Group buying the club is very unlikely to happen.

Farhad Moshiri is unsurprisingly being very unprofessional in all of this.

Parties have completely walked away due to how Farhad Moshiri is behaving and grown very frustrated at him and advisors.

The Friedkin Group are likely to walk away I’m told as Moshiri keeps changing the deal and also they have looked at the numbers and are concerned.

Worrying times for the club, very worrying. :(
Do you wear your full Liverpool kit to bed?

another negative poster on here, embarrassing.

Stones put in a transfer request and still didn’t leave till the following summer and we nearly doubled the price in 12 months
And Lescott threw a game to get away,so unless you know Branthwaite personally... negative or realistic.

Obviously if a player is under contract you can force him to say,how that turns out is gambling on the players attitude to you enforcing his contract.
Yeah agreed…but I thinks it’s in(particularly a young) footballers mindset where they just want to play football. Their agent will also advise them that they are not getting that big move if they are not displayed in the shop window. I think footballers eventually settle down and perform.

Yeah agreed…but I thinks it’s in(particularly a young) footballers mindset where they just want to play football. Their agent will also advise them that they are not getting that big move if they are not displayed in the shop window. I think footballers eventually settle down and perform.
Hopefully if it comes to that he will knuckle down and play well. But it's always a gamble. You'd hope Dyche and Tarkowski are consulted as they'll be more aware of his temperament than anyone else I'd imagine and that the decision isn't driven by FFP concerns alone.

The other clubs including the rs have shown time and time again, it does not matter what a player wants (most recent example being Salah) if you want them to stay, they stay. It may take a pay rise but it can be done - another example of how soft we have become as a club under you know who

This, its become a passive mindset here we have to sell our best players, its now just accepted.

Spurs built a club with Kane, CL football and a ground. WHU qualified and won a European Trophy with Rice and both let the asset appreciate over time and got good and as much money as all the bids they turned down in the years previously, while also reaping the benefit of the asset.

We are a soft touch and consider ourselves lucky to be selling, we have a losing mindset and it needs to stop.

In the Branthwaite thread there is an over all passive acceptance.

Parties have completely walked away due to how Farhad Moshiri is behaving and grown very frustrated at him and advisors.

The Friedkin Group are likely to walk away I’m told as Moshiri keeps changing the deal and also they have looked at the numbers and are concerned.

Worrying times for the club, very worrying. :(
Thanks for the info mate. Not everyone will appreciate it mind

Worrying times for the club, very worrying.

This one may sound obvious but we won’t be signing anyone until/if a new owner is in. Moshiri has given the budget of…£0. 🤡
Where do you get your info from?

This, its become a passive mindset here we have to sell our best players, its now just accepted.

Spurs built a club with Kane, CL football and a ground. WHU qualified and won a European Trophy with Rice and both let the asset appreciate over time and got good and as much money as all the bids they turned down in the years previously, while also reaping the benefit of the asset.

We are a soft touch and consider ourselves lucky to be selling, we have a losing mindset and it needs to stop.

We’ve not done badly over the years. We kept Baines Cahill Coleman Jagielka for the best part of their careers when I’m sure they would have had other offers. Even recently Richarlison and Lukaku stayed longer than I expected them to. Pickford also.

Were in a strange position though where a few years ago some Everton fans hated us selling any player at all ‘we’ve become a selling club’ and now some fans effectively want us to be trading players like Brighton all for the balance sheet.

It’s the unfortunate reality of PSR. Only those clubs with sky six revenues can afford to keep their top players and add more. If it had been around in the Moyes era we would have been forced into selling all those names listed at the top of their value. It’s destroying football.

FFP wasn't a potential issue in either of those cases though. The chance of another points deduction could scupper any take over deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back