Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a quick look at MSD Partners and how it fits with Dell’s “ family office “ approach. It seems to me that it’s the Real Estate Fund that is most likely to make the investment with BMD/ Everton Stadium being a key part. I’m still digesting this, not an area I’m expert in , but it looks promising. :

“Founded in 2009 by the principals of MSD Capital, MSD Partners operates as a separate investment advisory firm for like-minded, external investors to invest in the same strategies developed by MSD Capital, alongside the Dell family. In 2023, it merged with Byron’s Trott’s merchant bank, BDT & Company to form BDT & MSD Partners.

Apart from their role as independent investment advisors, the firm focuses on building an optimised portfolio around four key asset classes: private capital, credit, growth equity, and real estate.

The firm’s private capital fund is primarily invested in control buyouts, structured equity, and significant minority stakes with the flexibility for a long-term investment plan, in family- and founder-led businesses. BDT Capital Partners has invested over $30 billion in 43 companies while MSD Private Capital has invested over $3 billion in 12 companies.

The credit fund provides financing solutions to a wide range of businesses across various market sectors by investing in liquid corporate credit and a focus on long-term partnerships. MSD Credit has invested over $20 billion across a variety of public and private credit vehicles.

The firm invests the growth equity fund in high-growth, founder-led, technology, consumer, and healthcare companies with proven business models and large market opportunities. The fund is designed to make MSD Partners a value-added, long-term partner in disruptive companies.

Finally, the real estate fund. The primary focus of the firm’s real estate strategy is investing in complex, large-scale, and high-quality real estate assets in high barrier-to-entry locations. MSD Partners’ real estate portfolio comprises 30 assets with an approximate portfolio value of $10 billion.

The biggest thing for me is will this Dell fella or these Dell people have a part ownership and be financially backing the club or are they just lending the money to bell and downing to buy us and therefore not having any actual stake or interest in the club. And bell/downing completely own us and the club just owe a fortune to Dell.

It looks to be this. Hence the feeble minds on social media claiming we're minted are foolish.

In essence, its little different to BK loaning money off Mr Green.

Dell would not need Bell & Dowling if he wanted to buy the club.

The biggest thing for me is will this Dell fella or these Dell people have a part ownership and be financially backing the club or are they just lending the money to bell and downing to buy us and therefore not having any actual stake or interest in the club. And bell/downing completely own us and the club just owe a fortune to Dell.
There has to be equity coming from somewhere, can't all be loans.

Given the requirements the Premier League set out for 777, I expect Bell/Downing would need to settle the ACAP/777 £200m. Repay the balance of the MSP loan (less whatever they contributed). Fund the remaining stadium financing and fund us as a going concern.

In addition it sounds like there is also a need for £40m split between Moshiri/R&M.

They’ve done it in the past with small loans to Sunderland and derby, but appears part of the bid is to “spend big” according to sky.

All in the air at the moment, but if he’s backing them I’m assuming he wants to play a part.

I had a quick look at MSD Partners and how it fits with Dell’s “ family office “ approach. It seems to me that it’s the Real Estate Fund that is most likely to make the investment with BMD/ Everton Stadium being a key part. I’m still digesting this, not an area I’m expert in , but it looks promising. :

“Founded in 2009 by the principals of MSD Capital, MSD Partners operates as a separate investment advisory firm for like-minded, external investors to invest in the same strategies developed by MSD Capital, alongside the Dell family. In 2023, it merged with Byron’s Trott’s merchant bank, BDT & Company to form BDT & MSD Partners.

Apart from their role as independent investment advisors, the firm focuses on building an optimised portfolio around four key asset classes: private capital, credit, growth equity, and real estate.

The firm’s private capital fund is primarily invested in control buyouts, structured equity, and significant minority stakes with the flexibility for a long-term investment plan, in family- and founder-led businesses. BDT Capital Partners has invested over $30 billion in 43 companies while MSD Private Capital has invested over $3 billion in 12 companies.

The credit fund provides financing solutions to a wide range of businesses across various market sectors by investing in liquid corporate credit and a focus on long-term partnerships. MSD Credit has invested over $20 billion across a variety of public and private credit vehicles.

The firm invests the growth equity fund in high-growth, founder-led, technology, consumer, and healthcare companies with proven business models and large market opportunities. The fund is designed to make MSD Partners a value-added, long-term partner in disruptive companies.

Finally, the real estate fund. The primary focus of the firm’s real estate strategy is investing in complex, large-scale, and high-quality real estate assets in high barrier-to-entry locations. MSD Partners’ real estate portfolio comprises 30 assets with an approximate portfolio value of $10 billion.
So they could use us as a way into the dock development like Usmanov was claimed to be doing....

I'm disappearing 💪

This is where I'm at. Most of this thread this evening can be summed up in one post.

Edit. I don't even like Paul Joyce. Used to post stuff for Kenwright. But here we are

You won't find many in here believing a word from Sky , but when Paul Joyce pens something it's usually pretty spot on.

He is one of the clubs trusted journalists.

Some of this is semantics, but at the moment someone would need to be tripping on acid to come up with a cash flow projection that would satisfy the debt on the balance sheet and give an acceptable return to the shareholder for his debt and equity. From that perspective, the club is worth nothing (or less).

From the bidders perspective there will be a debt restructuring and write off from Moshiri and that’s the only way the club has an EV above its projected debt. And even then, it needs to be run much more competently.

Now I'm not going to pretend I understand spreadsheets but I do see assets and a whopping big money maker sitting on the waterfront.

But if you insist " the club is worth nothing "
Then answer me this

Why is there a list of prospective buyers vying to take over the club ?

The parties wanting control are money making institutions & wealthy businessmen. On that basis I can't agree the club is worth nothing.

So you’re saying that its good news for the blues and there’s no more time to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back