Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Josimar were investigating 777 Partners for years prior to 777's interest in Everton

Josimar go where other journalists fear to tread

I don't think people still quite grasp how serious the 777 Partners (and A-Cap involvement) allegations are

Fraud is a hugely serious allegation

Seems to have highlighted the issues in Bermuda very clear.

Ordinary Americans may loose their money over it all. It's tragic.
I’m with you there mate.

Now I'm not going to pretend I understand spreadsheets but I do see assets and a whopping big money maker sitting on the waterfront.

But if you insist " the club is worth nothing "
Then answer me this

Why is there a list of prospective buyers vying to take over the club ?

The parties wanting control are money making institutions & wealthy businessmen. On that basis I can't agree the club is worth nothing.
The club isn’t worth anything because its debt is more than its value.

For a perspective buyer to own Everton, is peppercorn, but the real cost is taking on the debt, 400-500 mill +.

Some will be looking to take it in to protect their investment, back them selves to manage it short term, then flip it, make their return, that could be asset striping etc.

The one thing the club has going for it, is it’s a blue chip name historically in one of the richest sports league in the world. Thats huge, a big historical name in one of the financially best exposed private members club in the world, they don’t come up often, when they do there will be interest. That exposure is huge. Particularly if you manage to punch in it. Without the PL, we aren’t attractive.

The stadium is worthless until we’re in it, even then it’s dependent on Everton. It’s worthless without Everton. If you sell it without Everton, it’s worth virtually nothing. I’m reconciled now to not seeing an uplift from the stadium for sometime, such is going to be managing our debt situation even after restructuring.

It’s all a high risk game, the club is worth nothing or little at the moment. But there is potential, but only if it can be recovered. But it’s also a risky venture.

Now I'm not going to pretend I understand spreadsheets but I do see assets and a whopping big money maker sitting on the waterfront.

But if you insist " the club is worth nothing "
Then answer me this

Why is there a list of prospective buyers vying to take over the club ?

The parties wanting control are money making institutions & wealthy businessmen. On that basis I can't agree the club is worth nothing.
The way the club is capitalized at the moment, it’s worth nothing.

The bidders will get Moshiri to take his haircut and restructure the debt, it then becomes more viable but even then needs to be run competently.

May as well start talking about what we're having for tea in here... 👀
so, go on tell us… what did you have?

*bringing the post wildly back on topic, this seems like a dream come true. It’s the hope that kills you though.

2 wealthy successful business who support our club, backed by the founder of Dell.

Has the curse of some witch expired or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back