Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a quick look at MSD Partners and how it fits with Dell’s “ family office “ approach. It seems to me that it’s the Real Estate Fund that is most likely to make the investment with BMD/ Everton Stadium being a key part. I’m still digesting this, not an area I’m expert in , but it looks promising. :

“Founded in 2009 by the principals of MSD Capital, MSD Partners operates as a separate investment advisory firm for like-minded, external investors to invest in the same strategies developed by MSD Capital, alongside the Dell family. In 2023, it merged with Byron’s Trott’s merchant bank, BDT & Company to form BDT & MSD Partners.

Apart from their role as independent investment advisors, the firm focuses on building an optimised portfolio around four key asset classes: private capital, credit, growth equity, and real estate.

The firm’s private capital fund is primarily invested in control buyouts, structured equity, and significant minority stakes with the flexibility for a long-term investment plan, in family- and founder-led businesses. BDT Capital Partners has invested over $30 billion in 43 companies while MSD Private Capital has invested over $3 billion in 12 companies.

The credit fund provides financing solutions to a wide range of businesses across various market sectors by investing in liquid corporate credit and a focus on long-term partnerships. MSD Credit has invested over $20 billion across a variety of public and private credit vehicles.

The firm invests the growth equity fund in high-growth, founder-led, technology, consumer, and healthcare companies with proven business models and large market opportunities. The fund is designed to make MSD Partners a value-added, long-term partner in disruptive companies.

Finally, the real estate fund. The primary focus of the firm’s real estate strategy is investing in complex, large-scale, and high-quality real estate assets in high barrier-to-entry locations. MSD Partners’ real estate portfolio comprises 30 assets with an approximate portfolio value of $10 billion.
If we get someone more interested in making money from the property more than a succesful team it is bad news. The extra cash should fund the club not a Real Estate investor. What a state this club and league is in.

1717802903908.webp

Its hard to know without the specifics of the bid mate - but MSD up to this point has lent to people involved in buying football clubs as opposed to taking up ownership of them.
Still, makes a change from the last "fan" to "own" us - Bill - not having a pot to piddle in OR the ability to attract significant and credible backing.

Michael Dell might not be buying in, but if he is somebody that these two businessmen fans can attract in terms of funding, well, clearly they have some respectable connections.

I'll take that for starters.

What value would you put on the club atm? Given we are making a loss each year.

Ballpark what you think we are worth.
As a business? Literally nothing. Our only value is the name and a seat at a relatively small table.

It's like in the 80s local councils were selling seaside piers for around provided the new owners promised the upkeep.

We're currently a tatty old pier that's costing more to maintain than it brings in from tourists so somebody else needs to have a go with fresh ideas. (Or insure and then torch it)

As a business? Literally nothing. Our only value is the name and a seat at a relatively small table.

It's like in the 80s local councils were selling seaside piers for around provided the new owners promised the upkeep.

We're currently a tatty old pier that's costing more to maintain than it brings in from tourists so somebody else needs to have a go with fresh ideas. (Or insure and then torch it)
Yes, that’s my point. I don’t think there is any real value in the club right now. The cost of the club will be how much it is to clear the debt. And I even then creditors are likely to have to take a hair cut. And that will likely all be moshiri.

If it turns out we receive more than £100m for the equity (ie he gets more than 100m of the 450m he’s owed I’d be very surprised).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back