Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Bell & Downing are going to be 'backed' by DFO.

I believe there is some confusion on the 'Michael Dell' or 'Dell' links.

If you find yourself with a bit of money then you'll buy a 2nd home, invest in stocks etc etc to try and earn more than you would in a bank.

If you have millions then you will look to invest with people/firms to manage your money and pay them a commission. This makes sense in theory as they are professionals and while you may do well yourself, the thinking is that they will make you more.

When people have 'vast' wealth they will be able to establish something called a 'Family Office'. This means hiring those people to manage your money to exclusively work for you.

That is what DFO does for the Dell family and those outsiders who invest with them.

Michael Dell as you can see is mentioned but the leadership of the family office does not include him. Take Alisa for example, she is an experienced professional https://www.dellfamilyoffice.com/leadership?id=5468&dept_id=95&bioname=Alisa Mall

Why would DFO be 'backing' the takeover?

A: Not really backing but they would act as the corporate lender who would restructure the overall debts and lower the interest payments.

B: Perhaps they may have an interest in holding a minority share as they see a long term investment paying off for them.

C: They may be looking at the club as a vehicle for Dell branding (premier league club etc), a seat at the table and also more of a hands on position where they are in effect 'appointing' Bell & Downing to run the club for them.

Who knows what the reality is but i think its important to clear up that this is not Michael Dell himself.

Secondly, B + C are extremely unlikely and yet that would be the definition of 'backing' the takeover.

Most likely is they simply restructure the debt (A).

To those claiming Bell and & Downing must have amazing connections to be even in talks and supported etc

Thats simply untrue. Its not particularly difficult to have family office connections or to propose A to them as it has done by them many times before.

Lets see...if B or C i would be very impressed.

If you find yourself with a bit of money then you'll buy a 2nd home, invest in stocks etc etc to try and earn more than you would in a bank.

If you have millions then you will look to invest with people/firms to manage your money and pay them a commission. This makes sense in theory as they are professionals and while you may do well yourself, the thinking is that they will make you more.

When people have 'vast' wealth they will be able to establish something called a 'Family Office'. This means hiring those people to manage your money to exclusively work for you.

That is what DFO does for the Dell family and those outsiders who invest with them.

Michael Dell as you can see is mentioned but the leadership of the family office does not include him. Take Alisa for example, she is an experienced professional https://www.dellfamilyoffice.com/leadership?id=5468&dept_id=95&bioname=Alisa Mall

A: Not really backing but they would act as the corporate lender who would restructure the overall debts and lower the interest payments.

B: Perhaps they may have an interest in holding a minority share as they see a long term investment paying off for them.

C: They may be looking at the club as a vehicle for Dell branding (premier league club etc), a seat at the table and also more of a hands on position where they are in effect 'appointing' Bell & Downing to run the club for them.

Who knows what the reality is but i think its important to clear up that this is not Michael Dell himself.

Secondly, B + C are extremely unlikely and yet that would be the definition of 'backing' the takeover.

To those claiming Bell and & Downing must have amazing connections to be even in talks and supported etc

Thats simply untrue. Its not particularly difficult to have family office connections or to propose A to them as it has done by them many times before.

Well explained.

The majority of my work is through various family offices. I've dealt with some for 15+years without ever meeting the head of the family.

There's some principals who do get involved with deals because they have a genuine interest in what their money is going on, the Family Office is just there for checking contracts and amendments post contract.

To be honest, paying back loans for 777, r&m and msp with further reported 100 million for moshiri, is not a bad deal for a 800 million pound stadium and premier league football team

So now we're being bought by a mega rich tech firm 😁

Free laptops with every new season ticket bought for our first season at Bramley 'The Dell' Moore Stadium 😂😂

Don’t think triple 7 are getting a penny off us, they won’t exist in a few months and there administrators might come calling but we won’t be in

Hope Moshiri makes the right choice this time
Someone said on Sky yesterday that Moshiri is basing his choice on what is best for Everton FC. Would that be the same reasoning for behind trying to flog us to 777 🤔

Well explained.

The majority of my work is through various family offices. I've dealt with some for 15+years without ever meeting the head of the family.

There's some principals who do get involved with deals because they have a genuine interest in what their money is going on, the Family Office is just there for checking contracts and amendments post contract.

Yes ive met a few in my time as well -- for various reasons not done business with any but very near.

A close friend of mine will probably know and have done business with a similar amount to yourself i imagine. Breakfasts, lunches, dinners and drinks over many decades with them. Thats how i have been introduced to that world.

As we both agree, the only time you would meet one of the family is if they had a personal interest in the investment.

Thats why I included the option 'C' in my post...its extremely unlikely (as is B) but that is what an actual 'backer' would do.

I think the nature of the relationship would be of the debt restructuring nature. Straightforward, in which case its not 'backing'.

Though im intrigued why that word has been used if its something so straightforward.

Any thoughts on that?

Taken at his word here Paul implies MSD / DFO would have input and therefore you’d assume investment rather than simply being lenders.

If Paul knows it’s just a loan his post is pretty disingenuous and designed to whip up support for bidders he clearly supports.

I do have concerns that Bell, Downing and supporters like Esk are name dropping to put dollar signs in people’s eyes when it may simply be a lender.

Someone said on Sky yesterday that Moshiri is basing his choice on what is best for Everton FC. Would that be the same reasoning for behind trying to flog us to 777 🤔
He is just staying on-message - doubt he gives a monkeys.

777 is the evidence he's not exactly doing too much due-diligence on the clubs long-term stability.

Expect he wants the best outcome for himself - we all probably would in his situation.

If he's got any sense, after the 777 debacle (which to be fair, probably saved him putting his own cash in) - he should take as much as he can in the short-term and then leave somebody else to it.

Taken at his word here Paul implies MSD / DFO would have input and therefore you’d assume investment rather than simply being lenders.

If Paul knows it’s just a loan his post is pretty disingenuous and designed to whip up support for bidders he clearly supports.

I do have concerns that Bell, Downing and supporters like Esk are name dropping to put dollar signs in people’s eyes when it may simply be a lender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back