Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSP - just wanted the stadium not the club

ACAP - just want there money back, and were involved with 777

Textor - is just Textor, said before I reckon he's just spouting his mouth cos he wants to be heard

Friedkin - if it is true, I don't want to be his second club

Bell and Downing - at least Everton means something to them.
But don't have the finances. Have we not learned from the 3 decade long mess that was Bill Kenwright?

Hardly inspiring any of them as you have described them mate.

The global bidders maybe apparently offering the 400m in equity?

MSD won't be loaning at 3-5%.

The loans they've given other clubs has generally been 8% + libor / sonia.

Burnley last accounts shown they were paying 11.23%.

Wow :o well this takes a shine off things.

So unless MSD/DELL are coming in as a shareholder this seems to be awful.

Whoever it is, needs to have a grasp on football operations. We need a proper infrastructure. We need a scouting network, a proper academy, experience of player transfers, understanding of the finances with psr etc.....football stuff.
That Roma guy probably has the best credentials for all that. As long as we are not seen as the lower club or the feeder club for roma, then perhaps he is the best option.

We'd be his new favourite at least.

His team have already stated that Roma will always be number 1, diamond of the centrepiece etc etc etc

We would never be successful again.

Hes the worst choice.

If Friedkin wanted a feeder club for Roma, there are many better clubs that he could acquire for cheaper than EFC.

Roma supporters are concerned if anything that he will sell up there or make EFC his priority.
To be honest, I haven't even heard of half the people getting mentioned.

I just want a Good, Honest, Wealthy new owner that wants to buy into the club and take us forward, whatever there name is..

We’ve had an Evertonian buy the club with other people’s money and then use the club to pay them back. That person put the square route of nothing in and sold for ‘dreams come true’ money.

We lost a generation on that model.

The stadium is an opportunity but the income going on repayment of shares is the worst option.

Definitely we want someone to buy their own way in. The 10th richest man part is a red herring. That’s just the bank.

There seems to be a lot of very positive options for the club now, exciting times ahead! Gotta be Bell & Downing or the Armenians I’d imagine

Really? The options all look pretty bad to me.

Bell and Downing may not be the richest, but they're Blues and will have been going through the same as us. They will want the best for the club however they have to get there. They know the debt and how It's crippling us as a club/business, so I doubt that won't be on the top of there minds. Their minds will be on saving and Re-building the club.

Whereas BMD is all that matters to others.

I want owners that want us, not our Stadium....

They appear to be "Blues" who have had Esk peddling misinformation for months.

Also used the Dell name as a 'backer' when its now (and we mostly all guessed) coming out that its a loan by ther merchant bank at 11%.

Thats notally insane.

Haven’t they confirmed that Michael Dell isn’t involved. It’s one of his companies providing financial loans. People carried away.

It’ll prob end up being someone that’s not been mentioned before.

Lets hope so as so far its underwhelming.

According to the Times Bell & Dowling are tieing up a loan from MSD onto BMD for the purchase of the club. I still believe they along with MSP are the worst options out there at present.

Let Manoukian cook I say.

I wrote that yesterday.

Dan Friedkin also - brought in the likes of Mourinho, Lukaku, Dybala to Roma, achieved silverware there in a short space of time.

Like EFC Roma have a tough crowd to please yet their fans are largely happy with the ownership by all accounts.

Why are you lying?

If Friedkin wanted a feeder club for Roma, there are many better clubs that he could acquire for cheaper than EFC.

Roma supporters are concerned if anything that he will sell up there or make EFC his priority.

More lies.

Does it work like that though, they lent 777 the money. 777 then invested in taking over us which they failed to do due to 777’s poor business decisions. How does that make us liable for 777’s debt? 777’s administrators could come after us to then put money in the pot to pay off their creditors, but depending on the contracts our liability for this could be minimal. Mosh may have absolutely fleeced them
The debt is no doubt sitting in a corporation somewhere that Acap controls and is out of the reach of any 777 troubles.

The money is due. Any thoughts otherwise are borderline absurd.

Wow :eek: well this takes a shine off things.

So unless MSD/DELL are coming in as a shareholder this seems to be awful.

His team have already stated that Roma will always be number 1, diamond of the centrepiece etc etc etc

We would never be successful again.

Hes the worst choice.
Sorry. If he acquires a PL club, that will be the focus. I don’t give a rat’s turd what he’s said before. He will follow the money, and the money is in the PL.

This is what worries me. I seen someone saying they'd been told Esk had been promised a seat on the board by these two for peddling said information /misinformation and shooting down every other investor on their behalf publicly. Worrying. I really hope Bell and Downing get no where near us, especially now the whole Dell thing is just a loan. Kenwright was a "bloo" and look how that ended. Not to single those two out I don't want MSP or ACAP anywhere near us either.

I think/ hope theres a better option out there and Moshiri will get better offers. We need clever and astute business men who know how to run a football club not "super bloos" with no money or asset strippers.

Also used the Dell name as a 'backer' when its now (and we mostly all guessed) coming out that its a loan by ther merchant bank at 11%.

Thats notally insane.
Yeah if Dell’s family office is offering nothing more than another secured loan (which they could well be offering to any interested party) as has now been reported then Bell and Downing have been on a blatantly misleading PR campaign and supporters like Esk have blatantly lied to imply they have genuine money, not just loans, to support them. Just because they are all Big Blues doesn’t mean we should trust them.

Quite plausibly they see the genuine money coming in from elsewhere when they thought they had a chance to get the club on the cheap and are mounting a desperate rearguard action. My money wouldn’t be on them at this stage.

Sorry. If he acquires a PL club, that will be the focus. I don’t give a rat’s turd what he’s said before. He will follow the money, and the money is in the PL.

Well, I doubt he'll be focused on Everton when he owns Roma and he's stated they will be the focus.

He doesnt come across as someone particularly interested in Roma either...since he bought the club they havent really moved in league position and overall theyve been a selling club

Theyre a side who should be going for the title and a stable top 4 side. Hes had them in 6th selling off players for the last 3 seasons.

Expect he would be happy to buy us, keep us in the mid table area and sell players each year to generate revenue as hes done there.

This is what worries me. I seen someone saying they'd been told Esk had been promised a seat on the board by these two for peddling said information /misinformation and shooting down every other investor on their behalf publicly. Worrying. I really hope Bell and Downing get no where near us, especially now the whole Dell thing is just a loan. Kenwright was a "bloo" and look how that ended. Not to single those two out I don't want MSP or ACAP anywhere near us either.

I think/ hope theres a better option out there and Moshiri will get better offers. We need clever and astute business men who know how to run a football club not "super bloos" with no money or asset strippers.

Yes nothing comes across as exciting yet.

Esk had of course stated "MSD Sports Management Expertise"

-- an investor in UFC does not give them any "Sports Management Expertise"

-- He's the last person you want on the board. For starters, the "i can state there will be no second charge" shows he cant calculate, as the "Everton Financial Expert"

-- "Every Evertonian should support them" who does he think he's talking to?

Certainly gambled on his credibility by trying to push an agenda if true.

Yeah if Dell’s family office is offering nothing more than another secured loan (which they could well be offering to any interested party) as has now been reported then Bell and Downing have been on a blatantly misleading PR campaign and supporters like Esk have blatantly lied to imply they have genuine money, not just loans, to support them. Just because they are all Big Blues doesn’t mean we should trust them.

Quite plausibly they see the genuine money coming in from elsewhere when they thought they had a chance to get the club on the cheap and are mounting a desperate rearguard action. My money wouldn’t be on them at this stage.

It certainly looks like Esk has been fibbing and putting out misleading information.

There was never a reason for anyone, least of all him to be so negative on all other bidders. Especially when there deals are fluid and anything can change and evolve.

He's gone strong on the DELL name and if it does turn out to be a lie I hope he is finally seen for what he is.

MSP - just wanted the stadium not the club

ACAP - just want there money back, and were involved with 777

Textor - is just Textor, said before I reckon he's just spouting his mouth cos he wants to be heard

Friedkin - if it is true, I don't want to be his second club

Bell and Downing - at least Everton means something to them.
Correct about Textor. According to Bloomberg he has pulled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back