Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friedkin would be a disaster. Theyve said their centrepiece would be Roma.

We want to be the centrepiece.

I doubt they are backed by him.

Bell & Downing can buy the club from Moshiri. They can also pay off two of 777, R&M or MSP so they would be the owners.

What they cant do is pay off all three and get the books up to scratch with their own capital.

I suspect perhaps all the bidders would look to restructure the debt. Meaning Bell & Downing borrow from MSD to pay off R&M, 777 & MSP.

Then the payments would be e.g 3-5% interest rather than 13-15% interest (or whatever it is). The stadium would be collateral to pay it off over 30 years.

I wonder if MSD may come in as a stakeholder in the stadium alone

Yields on private debt are around 11% atm.

The levels we are currently borrowing at are probably par and will be until rates are cut.

Plus, borrowing against a stadium still in construction and not generating revenue will always be higher.

My guess will be that any purchase funded with debt will be refinanced in 12-24 months once rates fall and the stadium is up and running.

I’d imagine any stadium naming rights etc will also be used to clear debt too.

Yields on private debt are around 11% atm.

The levels we are currently borrowing at are probably par and will be until rates are cut.

Plus, borrowing against a stadium still in construction and not generating revenue will always be higher.

My guess will be that any purchase funded with debt will be refinanced in 12-24 months once rates fall and the stadium is up and running.

I’d imagine any stadium naming rights etc will also be used to clear debt too.

11% is utter insanity to me. Firms are all choosing to pay that rate?

In the case I mentioned with the 3-5% it was a guess based on MSD actually being more than a simple lender and instead being a backer / partner in the deal.

Agree on the refinancing otherwise. As for the naming rights, that needs to be confirmed asap with payments coming in.

No point to have a flashy stadium and be a bottom half team.

Look at the Boro's or Sunderlands who built new grounds and dropped

11% is utter insanity to me. Firms are all choosing to pay that rate?

In the case I mentioned with the 3-5% it was a guess based on MSD actually being more than a simple lender and instead being a backer / partner in the deal.

Agree on the refinancing otherwise. As for the naming rights, that needs to be confirmed asap with payments coming in.

No point to have a flashy stadium and be a bottom half team.

Look at the Boro's or Sunderlands who built new grounds and dropped
The human race does interesting things once desperation hits.

I was actually going to message you about adding all the latest players and hitting reset.

Cheers 👍🏼

Perhaps someone should first ask ESk if he would like to confirm that he had lied so we can move on without this 'election interference' lol

We have to be really careful here because 11% APR of several hundred million pounds is gonna completely wipe out any additional income we were getting from an increased capacity.
Theres no guarantee that naming rights money will be used for the club. And god knows what the repercussions would be if we were relegated with that loan.

Needs to be someone who has the money, but realises their investment needs to have drip feed returns until we become more established.

I guess this is why im still of a mind for the roma guys because they would at least realise that the finances are dependant upon the success of the club. They would know the repercussions of failure of the team on the pitch.

With them though, there needs to be a clear statement that they would put equal value on the success of roma and everton. That they would use their footballing infrastructure for the good of both clubs.

Everyone else i guess, are just money men loaning us vast sums of money on a fixed return with little to no interest in the success of the club.

I guess this is why im still of a mind for the roma guys because they would at least realise that the finances are dependant upon the success of the club. They would know the repercussions of failure of the team on the pitch.

With them though, there needs to be a clear statement that they would put equal value on the success of roma and everton. That they would use their footballing infrastructure for the good of both clubs.

Everyone else i guess, are just money men loaning us vast sums of money on a fixed return with little to no interest in the success of the club.
They are all money men. The difference is, one party are Evertonians. They will restructure the debt once we've had a season or two at Bramley Moore. A bit like the country in general we just need a period of stability where we can get back on an even keel.

Well he’s really not going to publicly say the club he currently owns won’t be his priority.

Although where has he said he wants a multi-club portfolio with Roma as the centrepiece?
Also as we stand they would be,we've won nothing in decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back