Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

Exactly, I can't see what he's said negative about the fans. Just expectations are high and he gets asked silly questions from the media. What is he supposed to say as manager of the club about empty seats or people fuming online about the state of the club?
I don't see the owner coming out to take any responsibility. Dyche is left to carry the can for decades of incompotence, so I could understand him getting a little annoyed at some lines of questioning.
People making stories out of nothing and little snipits off the Internet with no context. Usual drivel!!
Well said mate 👌👌

Exactly, I can't see what he's said negative about the fans. Just expectations are high and he gets asked silly questions from the media. What is he supposed to say as manager of the club about empty seats or people fuming online about the state of the club?
I don't see the owner coming out to take any responsibility. Dyche is left to carry the can for decades of incompotence, so I could understand him getting a little annoyed at some lines of questioning.
People making stories out of nothing and little snipits off the Internet with no context. Usual drivel!!
Hey could say:

'I too want a higher standard for this club and understand what fans are watching is simply not good enough. We will be working hard to rectify it.'

Instead he said in not so many words:

'Club is poor, fans are deluded, getting beaten easily is to be expected, I'm great and doing everything perfectly'

It’s not unreasonable to expect the club not to have only two shots on target in the opening two games of the season with a Gd of -7. Being beaten is not necessarily the issue - it’s been the unfathomable team selections e.g. playing Keane as opposed to JOB and Doucoure as opposed to either of the two new attacking players, the manner of the performances and then the margin of defeats. To expect a little more (no, not Europe) is not unreasonable. Even he said he didn’t think the start would be as bad as it’s been. We’ve even had a spurs fan in the match thread say he was sorry for our away fans, and saw more attacking intent in roadkill. This is an Independant viewing it’s not just as supporters.

Not trying to defend Dyche, at all. But he is right as far as what are our fans expecting out of them 1st 2 games. If it was 3 points, then we are 3 points behind with 36 to play. We have injuries, and our new players aren't Dyche ready.

Playing Keane and Ashley Young together again should see him sacked, but the club couldn't even afford that.

New season and new hopes, I get that, but some bedwetters are expecting peak Barcelona.

Seriously this is our level at the moment. It's wrong but it isn't changing any time soon.

We'll be scrapping for every point again.

He needs to pipe down talking about the fans

Literally if asked again he should say outright I'm not talking about the fans, they pay their money.

Anything else is antagonising.

On what basis does he have the right to "push back" against the fans Dave?

Ahhhh

meow-cat.gif

You didn't answer this Dave, although you posted a gif that was meant to be some sort of metaphor for the fans of Everton Football Club? (someone stroking a cat) 🤷‍♂️

Not trying to defend Dyche, at all. But he is right as far as what are our fans expecting out of them 1st 2 games. If it was 3 points, then we are 3 points behind with 36 to play. We have injuries, and our new players aren't Dyche ready.

Playing Keane and Ashley Young together again should see him sacked, but the club couldn't even afford that.

New season and new hopes, I get that, but some bedwetters are expecting peak Barcelona.

Seriously this is our level at the moment. It's wrong but it isn't changing any time soon.

We'll be scrapping for every point again.
Yeah - it was just the team selections, performance and margin of score that have irked me….being beaten 2/2 in the first 2 games of the season are just ‘eye roll’ results for me because we used to slow starts. Plenty to play for still, but it just feels like there will be nothing to get excited for this season at least in terms of the team.

Be a bit embarrassing next with an amazing stadium and having the first team play like they playing football with a rugby ball

Yeah - it was just the team selections, performance and margin of score that have irked me….being beaten 2/2 in the first 2 games of the season are Judy ‘eye roll’ results for me because we used to slow starts. Plenty to play for still, but it just feels like there will be nothing to get excited for this season at least in terms of the team.

Be a bit embarrassing next with an amazing stadium and having the first team play like they playing football with a rugby ball
I know that's the worst part. The dream of this stadium and the last at Goodison and this set up in a nightmare in comparison. We don't deserve any of it.

Depends what the question he's been asked

And he was massively complimentary about the fans last season.

Also can be a shout to the players to get the fans back on side.

What about loss against Bournemouth? They look far better than us atm

They're one of the measures we mark our own progress from, so if we dont beat them we're not in great shape.

But they wont present the type of football problems that both Brighton and Spurs present us with.

Is he doing that saying what he said here?

That's a direct answer to a direct question.

There's sod all wrong with it. Click/engagement merchants on social just span it without the question/context and people without critical thinking lap it up.

He either says yes it's disllusioning - as Pep has.

No comment.

Or no, it's expected when a big club is doing crap. And he's right.

Not sure where the shout of Europe stemmed from. Most sane fans knew it would be another difficult season. Can't blame any match goers being disgruntled by what they are seeing though. They are not going to happy clap dire performances. Despite this as I said last week they are still there home and away in numbers.

He's a really hard man to watch when he's being interviewed, what with him talking cobblers and his frankly disturbing rubbing of his face and head and then sniffing his hand. That is bad enough, but, I just no longer watch the press conferences and wait to read the content on one of the text websites. What I find more difficult is watching his team play and out of habit I have to do that. The slowness of our build up play is glacial unless we have hooofe it in the general direction of Calvert Lewin or Harrison, it takes us God knows how many passes to get to the edge of our opponents box and then somebody passes to McNeil, who takes off like a rocket...towards his own goal and ends up passing to Pickford or Tarkowski who then hoof it.

It really is very difficult to watch and will only be tolerated when it produces results.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back