Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

Our only hope really is Branthwaite staying and dragging us through games like he did last season. We're leaking goals for fun while only having 2 shots on target over 2 games. It's embarrassingly bad. Bournemouth game is massive, if we can't go into that game with some confidence then what's the actual point anymore?

The thing is, though, that we have substantially the same outfit this season as last season, and last season we had very healthy - better than most teams in the bottom half - 'xG' figures. So it's hard to believe we'll drop off a cliff in that respect.

We just played two very decent teams who on their day can dominate an opponent.

Let's stow these two reverses and move on.

The thing is, though, that we have substantially the same outfit this season as last season, and last season we had very healthy - better than most teams in the bottom half - 'xG' figures. So it's hard to believe we'll drop off a cliff in that respect.

Only time will tell

I'm not buying blaming the fans for our problems. That's some desperate stuff in my opinion. Every fanbase in football is delusional and off their rockers when it comes to team expectations.
Yeah regardless of whether he was right or wrong (and he was wrong) no amount of supporter expectation whether reasonable or unreasonable has an effect on 1. His team selection 2. His approach to the game e,g. Game plan tactics 3. His ability to change a game in play using tactical substitutions and 4. Our players ability to run, pass to each or other shoot.

Yeah regardless of whether he was right or wrong (and he was wrong) no amount of supporter expectation whether reasonable or unreasonable has an effect on 1. His team selection 2. His approach to the game e,g. Game plan tactics 3. His ability to change a game in play using tactical substitutions and 4. Our players ability to run, pass to each or other shoot.
Agreed

The usual silence from atop and Prentice pr says all you need to know about this club and the acolyte Douche. The arrogance of Moshiri, Douche blaming the fans. Everton fans are supremely knowledgeable about football in my experience. Jurassic Park, not Goodison Park.

The Bournemouth match is going to tell us a lot I'm afraid. Let's just hope like you said we played two good teams are capable of dominating their opponent. Need to see something Saturday.

XG is an absolute farce Dave. Having one attack which results in a goal mouth scramble, 4 shots in that period and an XG of 2 proves nothing

The Bournemouth match is going to tell us a lot I'm afraid. Let's just hope like you said we played two good teams are capable of dominating their opponent. Need to see something Saturday.
...and when it does all these stories of rifts and discontent evaporated.

I've seen enough of Dyche in the last 20 months to form two solid opinions about him:

1/ he produces terrible football

2/ he doesn't flap and he gets the job done...eventually.

...and when it does all these stories of rifts and discontent evaporated.

I've seen enough of Dyche in the last 20 months to form two solid opinions about him:

1/ he produces terrible football

2/ he doesn't flap and he gets the job done...eventually.
I think that is what makes it so frustrating. If it wasn't so terrible to watch, it would be much more tolerable.

I think that is what makes it so frustrating. If it wasn't so terrible to watch, it would be much more tolerable.
It's appalling for long spells of games. I think that's because Dyche tries to nick games and we dont hardly get 2/3 up, relax and play the ball about a bit.

Its a prediction.

We dont beat Bournemouth and where is our next result coming from?

We had this last season remember. Fulham, Wolves, Arsenal, Luton. We didn't lay a glove on Arsenal but the other 3 we went forward missed plenty and those teams did what we couldn't. The Dyche lovers will tell you we got results over the 38 games and this is true. It's just a constant reset with Everton and in particular with Dyche there should be some notable progress. After how it ended last season. That's on Dyche.

I agree with the OP
Dyche was answering questions after a couple of drubbings and came up with nonsense about Europe and herozero, neither of which by my interactions with most toffees is true.
What he didn't answer is why we are awful and if he can see a way to not be awful.

Stinks of headlock gate to me
Deflection tactic and nothing more

I'd like to know which label he sees himself closer to, hero or zero, because if he thinks he's steadily rocking the middle road at the moment I have lost all faith in his judgement and self proclaimed honesty

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back