Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why is Sean Dyche and people at the club constantly talking about our fans?

‘They’ not ‘we’ ay chuckles ?
Yeah because I'm not apart of the sizeable contingent crying and throwing up after two games.

How many did we win in the first 5 last season before earning more points than Martinez did with Lukaku, Barry, Barkley, Baines, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Osman, Eto'o? Almost like 2 games doesn't define a season.

Erm no. Why would fans want us to go out of a cup???
I didn't say they wanted us out. You said the fans wouldn't come back if we go out of a cup competition 3 games into the season.

I'm just not writing off a season after 2 games but if you want to cry and whinge for 9 months then have at it.

I don't interpret that interview as slagging the fans off at all. He's saying the fans want better and will vote with their feet, like most fans do when their teams produce gash performances.

Yes. There’s clearly a desire from the media to get a sound bite that will engage the fans, as there always is.

I’m not convinced he’s handling it very well, though. The tone of his response last week was ill advised - I interpreted it as a dig back at the fans after they’d booed his Holgate sub - and him pulling Europe as an unreasonable fan expectation out of thin air yesterday was just baffling.

In general, he’s seemed on the defensive as far as his relationship with the fans goes - “I haven’t got a problem with the fans,” is the kind of thing you hear, as opposed to him welcoming support in a more overt way.

Maybe he’s finding it hard to adjust to a fanbase that’s less enamoured of him than Burnley’s.

You get them clickbait/silly social accounts loving to spin quotes without context too.

I think he knows we're in a very bad way this season. Fans will start to realise we haven't done what we needed in the window. Too much hope and expectation was pinned on NDiaye an Lindstrom.

He was asked was it disillusioning to see fans leave.

He either says yes, no, or no comment.

Either way he has to make comment on fans for that question.

He said it's expected when we're crap. Which is fair enough.

He's doing what Moyes does in spades and is trying to downplay expectations and acknowledge reality that we are - IMO, relegation fodder.

He thinks, IMO, that Goodisons last season and the noise and expectation around that risks being a noose to a team who need to sit deep and protect the point.

I always hark back to this about the cynical manipulation that individuals at the club engage in with the PR piece for Kenwright written by his propaganda minister David Prentice

Some of the most cynical and manipulative behaviour in Everton history, to try and get Bill Kenwright's name associated with a win and to get some of that glory to rub off on Kenwright

They (at the club) continually want the fans to think as they want them to think

They like the fans when they're getting when they want :dodgy:

But other times it's an inconvenience. Particularly if said fans are demanding

Now fans are being criticised if they targeted Europe. 🤷‍♂️

Because our fans are the biggest bedwetters in the country.

They'll protest Moshiri one minute then ignore the damage he's done by demanding a top half finish for a squad that is one injury away in any position for a 39 year old to come in.

It's an unfathomable shock to our fans that we lost to two teams who've spent £200m and £120-odd million this summer without either losing a first team player.

View attachment 270430
Brighton had 2 new players starting against us wasn’t it, Spurs 1.

Have you noticed though how much discussion there has been about our fans in the past two weeks?

More so than everything else going in at Everton. Including the ownership issues and results on the pitch

Our fans aren't the whipping boys and shouldn't be treated like they are by individuals at the club
I don’t see Dyche doing that at all. He knows our fans are what has kept us up the last couple of years and desperately needs them to do so again. It’s frustration and more than a little fear from him now.

I didn't say they wanted us out. You said the fans wouldn't come back if we go out of a cup competition 3 games into the season.

I'm just not writing off a season after 2 games but if you want to cry and whinge for 9 months then have at it.

You said we're desperate for disaster. Doesn't that suggest we want things to go badly? Maybe you just need to word it differently.

I also never said fans would write a season off after 2 games. I said Dyche would struggle to get fans back on board if we went out Tuesday.

You get them clickbait/silly social accounts loving to spin quotes without context too.

I think he knows we're in a very bad way this season. Fans will start to realise we haven't done what we needed in the window. Too much hope and expectation was pinned on NDiaye an Lindstrom.
I think he sees the writing on the wall, personally.

The rudderless inertia at the top of the club is keeping him there as much as anything.

I can’t see him surviving much beyond a takeover (if and when it finally happens) - or if things don’t improve on the pitch.

He’s certainly feeling the pressure and not enjoying a lot of support. That’s showing in flashes in front of the media, which I can understand, but it’s not helping his cause.

I always hark back to this about the cynical manipulation that individuals at the club engage in with the PR piece for Kenwright written by his propaganda minister David Prentice

Some of the most cynical and manipulative behaviour in Everton history, to try and get Bill Kenwright's name associated with a win and to get some of that glory to rub off on Kenwright

They (at the club) continually want the fans to think as they want them to think

They like the fans when they're getting when they want :dodgy:

But other times it's an inconvenience. Particularly if said fans are demanding

Now fans are being criticised if they targeted Europe. 🤷‍♂️

To his credit, Dyche has always been candid.

He's had a few pops at the club.

From day one he said he wouldn't be here if it hadn't been chaotic.

After Bournemouth he said the club need to get a grip to avoid being in the same boat.

After last season he said if no takeover he's left juggling sand.

The Europe shout is weird and needs nipping in the bud. I figure its just an exaggeration to say "hang on, we are where we are" - which is what I've spent all summer saying. I've been called a miserable sod etc but I just didn't understand how/why so many felt NDiaye an Lindstrom would take a team averaging 41 points for 3 years to anything else.

Its a prediction.

We dont beat Bournemouth and where is our next result coming from?

Big prediction that he's sacked by end of September.

The feller saved our arses twice in 20 months...and got no new contract offer from the 'board' and now faces being pilloried by fans.

What a 'kin world.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back