Wigan 1-2 Everton 20th January 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the BBC:
'That's the difference between life at the top and life at the bottom. Wigan fail to clear a corner, Phil Jagielka plays the ball across the six-yard box and Joleon Lescott is on hand to tap in. The Latics have pretty much outplayed Everton, yet find themselves 2-0 down. Harsh game, football.'

It's nice to see us described as life at the top :)

Hehe 2-0 at half time, were not playing that well, although they have had more we have had better ones...and titus bramble - another howler!!

So far ive been impressed with Cahill, Jagielka and Lescott. And it was a great goal by johnson. Bring Fernandes on for Osman soon because hes not fit enough to last i dont think, And id like to see vaughan or anichebe come on and get a goal or 2.

Have to say that was flattering.

Two things have stuck out for me. Hibbert again is improving - couple of errors, but I feel more comfortable with him then I have done in the past.

The other thing, and its been well documented this week. Its not a criticism of a player per say, but perhaps a note into his weakness. Carsley. He seems to mark space and not mark players. I would like to see him on the toes of the player with the ball, but he always seems to have this 5-10 yd ring around him where no player or ball is.

For me, that's not good enough. We need someone, ok maybe Jan is not the right time (unless we play Fernandes there, but I doubt Moyes will), then we certainly need to address that issue in the Summer. There is a good chance we may end up in the CL next season, so we need to have someone we can rely on to do more than just the odd tackle - which I'm sorry that is also Cars has done today. He just isn't good enough for the team we want to be.

Other than that Yagielka has been a little dodgy, Lescott couple of aimless passes, Valente has been solid. Osman has been anonymous which I hope isn't a theme for the rest of the season. Cahill, Arteta and AJ have looked laboured, probably the pitch.

Thank goodness for Titus Bramble!

Get in! Thats the difference, two seasons ago this would have ended 0-0 no substitue for quality!

Hope Davey uses his subswell, Carsley looks very tired, Arteta and Hibbo are on Yellow aswell with the pitch being that bad i hope Artera doesnt get sent of. I can see players gettinginjured with some of the tackiles and the pitch.

Go three up and take Arteta off.

Carsley looks tired because he isn't a 21 year old super star (as some have labelled him) best player in the squad (who others have also labelled him). I watch him like a hawk because he scares me.

Hopefully I won't have to be scared for much longer.

Have to say that was flattering.

Two things have stuck out for me. Hibbert again is improving - couple of errors, but I feel more comfortable with him then I have done in the past.

The other thing, and its been well documented this week. Its not a criticism of a player per say, but perhaps a note into his weakness. Carsley. He seems to mark space and not mark players. I would like to see him on the toes of the player with the ball, but he always seems to have this 5-10 yd ring around him where no player or ball is.

For me, that's not good enough. We need someone, ok maybe Jan is not the right time (unless we play Fernandes there, but I doubt Moyes will), then we certainly need to address that issue in the Summer. There is a good chance we may end up in the CL next season, so we need to have someone we can rely on to do more than just the odd tackle - which I'm sorry that is also Cars has done today. He just isn't good enough for the team we want to be.

Other than that Yagielka has been a little dodgy, Lescott couple of aimless passes, Valente has been solid. Osman has been anonymous which I hope isn't a theme for the rest of the season. Cahill, Arteta and AJ have looked laboured, probably the pitch.

Thank goodness for Titus Bramble!

Jagielka has been dodgy? how? hes made some great acrobatic clearances, got a good, clever assist, and is marking pretty well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back