Wildlife in your Garden

Update on the Robins - All six chicks fledged. ;)
Four had left the nest by early evening on Sunday and the other two were out before I got up on Monday. They managed to avoid the pond (and the dog) successfuly and by yesterday evening all six had made it over the fence and out of the garden.
There are mature trees and park land on the other side of the fence and wild hedgerow just 20 yards away. Hopefully I'll see them visiting the garden to feed in the coming days, as they still rely on the adults for a week or two.

View attachment 211099

The local council have started leaving areas of the parks and verges by us uncut.

This is area hasn‘t been cut for a month and is turning into a meadow !

How cool is that and the dog loves it too lol
You just know that some idiots will be moaning to the council for not 'keeping it tidy' 🤷‍♂️
That's exactly vhat happened near me. Parts of the parkland have delberately been left 'wild' and the local paper was full of complaints about council 'negligence' :eek:

You just know that some idiots will be moaning to the council for not 'keeping it tidy' 🤷‍♂️
That's exactly vhat happened near me. Parts of the parkland have delberately been left 'wild' and the local paper was full of complaints about council 'negligence' :eek:

It’s starting already - “ looks scruffy etc “

Must be saving the council a fortune in man hours and fuel though.

We have areas like this by us but what happens it gets so overgrown people can't use it then lo and behold there is a planning application on it and gets sold off in some dodgy deal by the corupt council

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back