Wildlife in your Garden

So there am i munching pizza and sipping
a thoroughly pleasant wine and a baby crow that we somehow befriended appears and we start chatting. I start marvelling about how intelligent crows are, based on what people tell me. Then he squarks goodbye, casually takes off and flies into a closed window.

a thoroughly pleasant wine and a baby crow that we somehow befriended appears and we start chatting. I start marvelling about how intelligent crows are, based on what people tell me. Then he squarks goodbye, casually takes off and flies into a closed window.

That's a shame, but on the bright side crows are surprisingly good eating when cooked for a while. Great in pies.

They’re bad flyers when they first fledge

I think your missus has slipped a few mushrooms on that pizza of yours.

I think your missus has slipped a few mushrooms on that pizza of yours.
She's off consoling a friend who's borderline suicidal. I've spent the afternoon chatting to an 80+ year old neighbour, over a nottlecof white wine, who's undergoing chemotherapy as his wife is being admitted into a dementia home while she gains strength to fix a failed hip replacement.

It's all quite surreal here at the moment. It's what life is all about when we're not distracted by TV and whatever it is the government's media is trying to make us miserable and about distracting us with faux celebrity.

I haven`t seen a single Swallow or House Martin by us at all this year.

There`s usually two pairs of Swallows every year, feeding on the field where I walk the dog.

I`m not even seeing them when I go running on Hale Shore and there`s hardly any House Martins, nesting under the eves of the shops at retail park in Speke - there`s normally dozens of pairs every year.

Yet, when I`ve been out in rural Yorkshire, I`ve seen loads of them, it`s very strange.

There`s usually two pairs of Swallows every year, feeding on the field where I walk the dog.

I`m not even seeing them when I go running on Hale Shore and there`s hardly any House Martins, nesting under the eves of the shops at retail park in Speke - there`s normally dozens of pairs every year.

Yet, when I`ve been out in rural Yorkshire, I`ve seen loads of them, it`s very strange.
Oh they are here mate.

I'm just down the road from you ,plenty of Swallows & Swifts when there's insects hatching.
Loads around Oglet shore over the farmland , again mainly when there's a big insect hatch.
As you say not many Martins tho.

At least he didn't nick your pizza.

....a feature on Sky News last week that numbers are falling drastically. They are amazing birds.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back