Wildlife in your Garden

Let our dog out at 6.30 a.m. yesterday for a pee. He went sniffing around a hosta plant in the garden, there was a baby skunk under there and he got sprayed in the face. Even though we spent some time cleaning him up, the whole house now smells of skunk.

I volunteer for a hedgehog charity and have NEVER had any in my garden. Now, the old folks home next door have a family of them (mum and 3 hoglets), I am so gutted! (jealous). There is a large wall between us and they cannot get in to my garden from that side. It does mean however that they can and will get around in their own time as they do travel a surprisingly long way every night.

View attachment 227899

A first for me, this little squirrel was snacking on a baby bird.

Don't get at me over the tacky bird bath, it was here when I moved in and I haven't gotten around to binning it.

Vermin mate, they decimate the populations of hole nesting birds, as they’re capable of gnawing through wood to get at them.

Have you got a decent air rifle ?

Vermin mate, they decimate the populations of hole nesting birds, as they’re capable of gnawing through wood to get at them.

Have you got a decent air rifle ?
I am very much in favour of letting nature do its own thing without interference but this nasty little fella is giving me second thoughts. He's a tough one and has been fending off the black and red squirrels handily.

So far my most violent anti-squirrel purchase has been one of these as a Christmas gift for my mum. They go flying.

I am very much in favour of letting nature do its own thing without interference but this nasty little fella is giving me second thoughts. He's a tough one and has been fending off the black and red squirrels handily.

So far my most violent anti-squirrel purchase has been one of these as a Christmas gift for my mum. They go flying.

He’ll give the Red Squirrels, Squirrel Pox too.

Tree rats.

Look up Squirrel Pox, it’s not nice.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back