Wildlife in your Garden

First time in my life I saw a hare doe with her two leverets suckling on the lawn ,it was just after dark and we went out to test our new lights and lo and behold .It was worth the cost of the lights just for that .As with all the wildlife we get I talked to them quite loudly and it seems to settle them ,they were there for a few minutes and just toddled off .

We`ve got a couple of pairs in the unkempt part of the cemetery by us, they`re very very secretive when they`ve got young, so you`ve really lucky to see them. They must feel incredibly safe where you are - are there fields surrounding you ?

If you ever find a Leveret, ( usually tucked up in the long grass pretending to be dead ) don`t be tempted to touch it or pick it up, as the Jill will abandon it straight away cos of the human sent.

We`ve got a couple of pairs in the unkempt part of the cemetery by us, they`re very very secretive when they`ve got young, so you`ve really lucky to see them. They must feel incredibly safe where you are - are there fields surrounding you ?

If you ever find a Leveret, ( usually tucked up in the long grass pretending to be dead ) don`t be tempted to touch it or pick it up, as the Jill will abandon it straight away cos of the human sent.
Yes a once in a lifetime thing I think and we never interfere with what they are doing we just watch .It felt very strange typing that .On the other poster yes we are surrounded by fields and forest -our post box is 400 meters away !
Funny I have never heard the word Jill for the female just a Doe .

Killing slugs is scum.
Slimy Slug - tried using them as fishing bait once, never worked ....... an angler stated they had a toxic coat around them .....the slug lays hundreds of eggs that are edible for Hedgehogs they are laid just below soil level .....in their hundreds so killing the adult is a bit pointless imo....

The adult is addicted to Mild beer in saucers ...... just as effective imo....

Slimy Slug - tried using them as fishing bait once, never worked ....... an angler stated they had a toxic coat around them .....the slug lays hundreds of eggs that are edible for Hedgehogs they are laid just below soil level .....in their hundreds so killing the adult is a bit pointless imo....

The adult is addicted to Mild beer in saucers ...... just as effective imo....

Chub love slugs Joey.

One of the only fish that does.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back