Wildlife in your Garden

Two field mice caught in my Greenhouse traps ...... I have seed drying off they prefer chocolate instead .......

Could you not set up a mini Thunderdome in the greenhouse Joey ?

Bumming Frog v Vermin Field Mouse.

You could pretend you were the Emperor, like in Gladiator and give the defeated rodent / amphibian the thumbs or up thumbs down.

Death would be administered by lethal force, using a specially adapted Dustin, that had been turned into a flame thrower.

Could you not set up a mini Thunderdome in the greenhouse Joey ?

Bumming Frog v Vermin Field Mouse.

You could pretend you were the Emperor, like in Gladiator and give the defeated rodent / amphibian the thumbs or up thumbs down.

Death would be administered by lethal force, using a specially adapted Dustin, that had been turned into a flame thrower.

In an upstairs room this morning looking out over my back garden, there is a railway cutting then a small industrial estate, on a patch of grass with just a hedge between that and a main road were 3 deer eating the grass, first time I had seen them so close to us.
I shall keep an eye out for them and try and get a photo, unfortunately I was making a call at the time and by the time I'd finished they'd gone.

Sitting watching the footy last week, heard a thud on the window absolutely cr#pped myself, it was a pigeon smacking into the pane, just noticed against the light, the mark it left.
On This occasion it actually flew away.
Same happened on an upstairs window a couple of years ago but that one was dead on the patio.
Why does this happen?

Attachments

• 20220109_140312.webp
    20220109_140312.webp
    722 KB · Views: 7
Sitting watching the footy last week, heard a thud on the window absolutely cr#pped myself, it was a pigeon smacking into the pane, just noticed against the light, the mark it left.
On This occasion it actually flew away.
Same happened on an upstairs window a couple of years ago but that one was dead on the patio.
Why does this happen?

It`s the " dust " that forms, from their feathers breaking down and acts as a very fine protective coating.

I was actually meaning, why do they fly into windows? But we'll explained mate?

Usually because something has panicked them and they just fly the way they are facing in blind panic.

You can get little outlines of birds, to stick on the likes of patio windows, which is supposed to help them realise that a big window is there !

Happens all the time at my mum and dads, when the Sparrow Hawk swoops in and tries to pluck the birds off the feeder in mid flight.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back