Wildlife in your Garden

1st of June and I haven`t seen a single Swallow, House Martin in South LIverpool yet.

I was down on Oglet Shore this morning, by where the airport conning tower is and all the old farm building are and didn`t see a single bird.

I saw plenty of other stuff, Linnets ( haven`t seen them for a few years ) loads of finches and nesting Lapwings, but not a single Swallow or House Martin.

No Sky Larks either, but they go quiet when they`re nesting.

Yet, watching Spring Watch last night, the Swallow chicks on there, were nearly ready to fledge :eek:

1st of June and I haven`t seen a single Swallow, House Martin in South LIverpool yet.

I was down on Oglet Shore this morning, by where the airport conning tower is and all the old farm building are and didn`t see a single bird.

I saw plenty of other stuff, Linnets ( haven`t seen them for a few years ) loads of finches and nesting Lapwings, but not a single Swallow or House Martin.

Yet, watching Spring Watch last night, the Swallow chicks on there, were nearly ready to fledge :eek:
must be a scouse thing lol Have seen plenty in Sintellins

View attachment 168655

Pair of goldfinches I believe, swinging the high wire above our hedge the other day

For a bird that`s so brightly coloured, they don`t have hide their nests well.

Every year, a pair nest in my neighbours Beech hedge and it`s only when the leaves drop off and you see the nest, that you realise that they`ve possibly raised two lots of chicks, without anyone noticing !

You went by an air control tower and didn't see birds and you're surprised?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back