Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst he didn't have the best first season and is raw I think it's a little unfair to say Beto is shocking given he has barely started ten games for us yet got what five goals? His all round game needs alot of work and we paid too much because it was on the drip but I think we need to give him more of a go before writing him off totally.

He scored three mate, and the fact we are looking at moving him on after one season at a probable loss means yes he's been a poor buy.l so far.

I don't actually mind him as a player - shocking was too extreme a word, in another thread I said the jury is still out on him really which is more accurate.

I can't see a world where anyone pays us what we would need for Beto either. Especially as he effectively flopped last season. Maybe someone offers a loan. But that wouldn't really help us at all in having new funds.

I can see the argument for selling DCL, as it's pure profit against him leaving for free. I hope he signs a new deal and stays, but I can sort of see how someone might panic buy him for 25m. But I don't see it with Beto.

I get the theory of having fewer, better players. But presently Im doubtful Ferguson from Brighton wants to come here, or many other 50m options do. And as we have seen with Beto, it's a hard league to come and adjust too.

The optimist in me thinks the season will do Beto some good, he gets a full pre season now, and players better suited to his game. It's not going to allow him to control a ball, but maybe he can finish some chances a bit better and be more physical.

There is also a chance you get a bit of a none linear break out from Chermiti.

My brother thinks there is genuine interest from Bologna and another Italian team mate and not for a loan either. He's also pretty convinced that the club is actively exploring these options.

£25mil agreed per Bobble i think...but Leeds want £15mil of that upfront so negotiations continue.

City: Haaland/Alvarez
Arsenal: Havertz/Jesus
Chelsea: Jackson/Lukaku + 4kids
RS: Nunez
United: Hojlund/Zirkzee
Spurs: Richarlison
Newcastle: Isak
Villa: Watkins/Archer/Duran
Brentford: Thiago/Toney
Wolves: Cunha
Bournemouth: Solanke
Brighton: Pedro/Ferguson
Forest: Awonyi
Fulham: Muniz

If we signed Gnonto (as i dont want to veer off topic) I suspect there may be only 5 clubs who have a worse starting centre forward than us in terms of quality and/or goal output. Not as many assists for Gnonto as many other teams could benefit from.

Of course its arguable but if our team has the 4th best (team effort) defence then if in simplistic terms, we had a top centre forward to put the ball in the net...we'd be top half based purely on goals conceded/scored.

Joao Pedro was someone I wanted us to sign from Watford and Ferguson is definitely a player that may be attainable now (under £50mil) but who may become a top player valued at a huge amount.

Looking at Beto, DCL & Chermiti i dont see anyone who is certain to score 12-15 goals this coming season.

In the list of players at other teams, there's only about three I'd bet money in scoring 15 mate.

You are not living in the real world

I can't see a world where anyone pays us what we would need for Beto either. Especially as he effectively flopped last season. Maybe someone offers a loan. But that wouldn't really help us at all in having new funds.

I can see the argument for selling DCL, as it's pure profit against him leaving for free. I hope he signs a new deal and stays, but I can sort of see how someone might panic buy him for 25m. But I don't see it with Beto.

I get the theory of having fewer, better players. But presently Im doubtful Ferguson from Brighton wants to come here, or many other 50m options do. And as we have seen with Beto, it's a hard league to come and adjust too.

The optimist in me thinks the season will do Beto some good, he gets a full pre season now, and players better suited to his game. It's not going to allow him to control a ball, but maybe he can finish some chances a bit better and be more physical.

There is also a chance you get a bit of a none linear break out from Chermiti.
In short Beto is a 10-12 goal per season forward, if you have goals from elsewhere then that's enough for most sides.
As long as he fits the system - with us he doesn't

It's legitimately a tricky situation. They may look at it that he has a season to impress for a contract, so we likely get more goals/games from him.

If he scored 10+ and leads the line well, how many points is it worth?

I actually think he will sign a new deal mate, I think part of it is due to wanting to see the club push on, I also think getting the scoring record matters to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back