Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tim is mate, in fact I think thelwell pulled one over on villa due to the p&s regs, I think we hit a player we really wanted and shipped off one we wanted [Poor language removed] off and who villa won't use

On Tim - Villa surely don’t have one of those weird buy back clauses they had on Philly and Archer…..

Really liked the look of him in clips I’ve seen, looks a good promising midfielder, on a lot of things I look out for - hoping we did get one over them - think they are selling a lot of good players and not replacing them well by and large mate.

Who would you like to see in the middle?

Personally I hope we go for Bove from Roma mate, and then rotate between garner as a starter and Gueye, Bove and Tim

He scored three mate, and the fact we are looking at moving him on after one season at a probable loss means yes he's been a poor buy.l so far.

I don't actually mind him as a player - shocking was too extreme a word, in another thread I said the jury is still out on him really which is more accurate.
Personally I'd rather give him another season than sell him at a inevitable loss. Again it was five goals if you count cup goals. Anyway if he doesn't improve he will be moved on

Really liked the look of him in clips I’ve seen, looks a good promising midfielder, on a lot of things I look out for - hoping we did get one over them - think they are selling a lot of good players and not replacing them well by and large mate.

I'd wager Tim doesn't get 10 games even as sub for us this season.

To my mind, if you improve the midfield then you keep more possession (or pose a big threat on the counter attck, which in turn take a lot morr pressure off your defence.
I'd be looking at nailing the midfield recruitment and keeping defence as it is. Then concentrate on defence next summer.
That's a scary thought if one of Tarks, Branthwaite or Myko get a bad injury tho. We got lucky last season on that side of things. Myko is already having issues.

I'm just not 100% sure Gnonto is really up to what he's been made out to be... ( We do love a gamble tho )

I think Tim is mate, in fact I think thelwell pulled one over on villa due to the p&s regs, I think we hit a player we really wanted and shipped off one we wanted [Poor language removed] off and who villa won't use

I agree. He's had a good season for QPR and 7 u20 England caps (2goals).

On the other hand, Dobbin only had 2 England u19 caps and is 4 or 5 months older. He looked quick in our first team but doesnt quite have the skillset to beat equally quick opposition full backs.

I think the management are expecting Iroegbunam to be part of the matchday squads this season and with Doucoure & Gana being out of contract at season end theres a starting space opening up before long.

I said similar with Chermiti. If Chermiti could push to be 2nd choice by season end then we could sell Beto this summer (I believe hes done this).

For Iroegbunam he needs to be able to push himself to be a rotation option at minimum by season end.

I hope we get him....him and Lindstrom could help us spring counter attacks at speed (quicker than previously) they would also be hopefully be able to support our CF rather than leave him him in isolation. Looking good on paper at least

If we could bring Gnonto in and of course having just signed Lindstrom....our counter attacks would be night and day compared with McNeil and Harrison.

There is no one in our central midfield who can be a consistent game changer.

Gana, Garner, Doucoure, Iroegbunam all look like solid defensively focused players with alot of energy. But not much Xfactor there going forward.

Metz have been relegated to ligue 2. Lamine Camara was linked a month ago -- can play DM, CM and ACM. Could pick him up for a song. Already has 23 caps and 6 goals for Senegal at the age of 20.

Bring him in now, learn and develop for a season then next summer we'd have Iroegbunam, Garner, Camara with only 1 new addition needed.

I agree. He's had a good season for QPR and 7 u20 England caps (2goals).

On the other hand, Dobbin only had 2 England u19 caps and is 4 or 5 months older. He looked quick in our first team but doesnt quite have the skillset to beat equally quick opposition full backs.

I think the management are expecting Iroegbunam to be part of the matchday squads this season and with Doucoure & Gana being out of contract at season end theres a starting space opening up before long.

I said similar with Chermiti. If Chermiti could push to be 2nd choice by season end then we could sell Beto this summer (I believe hes done this).

For Iroegbunam he needs to be able to push himself to be a rotation option at minimum by season end.

If we could bring Gnonto in and of course having just signed Lindstrom....our counter attacks would be night and day compared with McNeil and Harrison.

There is no one in our central midfield who can be a consistent game changer.

Gana, Garner, Doucoure, Iroegbunam all look like solid defensively focused players with alot of energy. But not much Xfactor there going forward.

Metz have been relegated to ligue 2. Lamine Camara was linked a month ago -- can play DM, CM and ACM. Could pick him up for a song. Already has 23 caps and 6 goals for Senegal at the age of 20.

Bring him in now, learn and develop for a season then next summer we'd have Iroegbunam, Garner, Camara with only 1 new addition needed.
Zat you need to stop selling Beto in these posts, we can’t afford to sell him until next year at the earliest….

Any sale now would have to be for more than we bought him for, who’s paying that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.