Will any manager make us happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
take Allardyce, Mourinho, Martinez and Nuno off the table and I would be open minded about any of the others who we are led to believe are in the frame. Ideally, for me, Kovac or Lampard, but, just about anybody will be less divisive than Benitez or the four I would like off the table. Surely even Everton can't make a total mess of this... or, no let's not go there.

Reading through the threads here it seems that every name put forward draws criticism from many

We have to go with someone.

Whoever it is we need to get behind them (as long as they are not a kopite rat)

I am not keen on ex managers. Maybe someone younger who could be given time as there is a real mess to sort out. But I really have no idea who we need

But will we be happy with anyone?
Not sure if there's really a manager that will make me happy beforehand. We have a habit/hitory of screwing things up on the managerial front. Would be prepared to give Rooney a chance. Graham Potter seems a good fit also, but it's more hope than belief.

I think a manager who has been independently picked by a modern football board.

Personally in our situation, we have no Director of Football, CEO on the way out and no medical team so to chuck a new manager from the outside would be chaotic.

We should go for Brighton's Dan Ashworth - he is a perfect director of football and appoint Duncan as interim and hire a manager at the summer when we have a grip on finance, squad and the board.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/dan-ashworth-brighton-england-world-cup-2018/

Sure, I think the majority of fans were happy with our past managerial appointments. It’s only really Benitez that was clearly a terrible choice. Maybe Fat Sam but that was a short term solution that worked fine.

you've only started following the club since James joined. No one forced Ancelotti to leave, so if you are claiming that the fans are bedwetters on the grounds of wanting Benitez gone you need to think again I'm afraid.
I actually have been following the club, if not active participating at GOT, since Mina joined Everton.

I wasn’t trying to imply the fans are bedwetters on the grounds of wanting Benitez gone. I’m actually rejoice about the stubborn Spaniard not being our manager anymore. I am still mad about him selling James and Digne ? But what I’m implying is that not matter who gets chosen as our next manager, some of you are going to cry and be unhappy about it because you all can be some miserable sods. My hope, however, is that whoever gets chosen doesn’t divide the fan base as much as Benitez did. It has been sad witnessing the inner wars and name calling that has been going here at GOT for the past six months. We have lost some good posters because of it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.