Will any manager make us happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a good one. I always hate the 'you'd never be happy with such an such signing or manager all you do is moan' shout. It's because the suggestion or potential incoming is second rate. How about buying quality players and quality managers and people would be happy.

The short answer is “No”.

The long answer is also “No”. We all have our opinions on the various managers and ex-players who would like to be managers. The best we can hope for is someone that people don’t hate from the get go. Then it will be down to results, Duncan has the job now (for a bit). I think most will wish him well, I don’t think people will want him to fail.
But he’s only got half a season of games at most. If he does well he might get longer this time. I just hope he does OK, I think I would cry real tears if there were “Ferguson Out” banners in the stands at any point.

Last manager I wanted was Moyes, because of his character as a player and he was young and hungry and done well at Preston.
Didn’t want any manager since as I didn’t see what they’d done to be here, except Carlo.
Didn’t want Carlo either and I posted before he’d even had a training session that he’d be gone within 12-18 months.
Everton have messed the fans up to the point where I’d take the managers with no experience such as Rooney, Lampard, Ferguson, over the Mourinho’s, Martinez and Nuno’s. A complete contradiction to my earlier point, as none have done enough to manage a club our size, but they are definitely more exciting.

Reading through the threads here it seems that every name put forward draws criticism from many

We have to go with someone.

Whoever it is we need to get behind them (as long as they are not a kopite rat)

I am not keen on ex managers. Maybe someone younger who could be given time as there is a real mess to sort out. But I really have no idea who we need

But will we be happy with anyone?
No no no, Everton are not here to make you happy, it is an outlet for all of your unhappiness and to be completely honest it’s flawlessly good at its job

Reading through the threads here it seems that every name put forward draws criticism from many

We have to go with someone.

Whoever it is we need to get behind them (as long as they are not a kopite rat)

I am not keen on ex managers. Maybe someone younger who could be given time as there is a real mess to sort out. But I really have no idea who we need

But will we be happy with anyone?
Yes once we get someone who plays with a higher tempo and not just says they will . Goodison and everton need aggressive, high tempo in your face football. Not that rubbish we have served up since moyes.

All our managers since say they will but they have not offered it. We need hungry players to have the need and drive for it and a manager needs to address that.

slightest thing = benitez, kenwright and moshiri?

these are not slight things.

but blame the fans, by all means.
In the interest of fairness, @Sassy Colombian is not blaming the fans is she? She’s highlighted the “bedwetter” element and let’s face it they pre date both Moshiri and Benitez, although not sure if it’s entirely possible to pre date Kenwright!

Status
Not open for further replies.