Will any manager make us happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dunc has to be given a chance to prove himself. He has done everything that has been asked of him by the club. He has been hard working and loyal. The club cannot expect to bring in someone else over his head, particularly an inexperienced Wayne Rooney, and expect him to stay. It would be a massive slap in the face for him from the club he obviously loves.

To me is more down to the connection to the fans that what makes us happy.

Moyes had his critics every season but he gave 100% for the job. Our disappointment was purely down to not cracking that glass ceiling.

You can also relate that to Martinez. That feller got the club, made changes around the club that was representative of the history. He was a guy fans could get behind. It's why he got 3 years and hs issue was on the field - results at the end of the day.

I'd say even Walter Smith had that same link. Fans understood the situation he was in and was doing the best he could. But he knew what club he was at and wanted the best for it.

Everyone else...the gaffers have been so belittling or distant to a fanbase we turn on them. Add the weight of expectations and funds...if there's no success there's no connection.

Koeman and Silva were just either arrogant or a massive shrug in terms of the job meaning anything to them.

Ancelotti was the same but in a nice way...no one had a bad word to say about him, he did a job, could've been special...but we all know we weren't meant to have nice things. He's almost forgotten about like a nice dream.

Bentiez was just a reptile. Always had to be results with him that he never pulled out.

So for me...if there's that connection, you'll get the support. But it always comes down to results

It doesn't matter who the manager is, someone will always disagree. It's just a matter of how loudly they shout their boos.

Excellent news in my opinion

DOF, with our new manager incoming.

Happy days ahead, fingers crossed

Would agree about Cahill, last conversation I had with him in Cheers Bar Sydney many moons ago was that he would love a role at the club

He was in the completing his Harvard business degree also, so quite a clever fellow

Was very impressive speaker too

Hallelujah, the reality check this forum needed. The sense of entitlement is ridiculous, get behind whoever it is (unless it's another fat kopite rat)
It's not entitlement. It's arguments about who it should or shouldn't be on an internet forum which is always going to be the way during an uncertain period. Until a new manager is confirmed it's just hot air filling the void. No doubting that 99.9% get behind the next manager unless it's a bizarrely divisive appointment such as Benitez or going back to what has failed before.

Before Benitez was confirmed the forum was full of posts about being done with Everton if he was appointed. They weren't it turns out, hot air filling the void and in general Benitez actually got what was a warmer reception than expected once the doubt was removed.

Ideally, I'd ban the fans from attending any Everton home game for a month or two if a new manager(apart from Duncan) comes in.

At least this way the new manager and these coward players wouldn't hear boos at the very first thing that goes wrong.

This is a shambles of a squad, with bugger all confidence that is further exacerbated by changing managers, changing philosophies and toxic fanbase.

Would agree about Cahill, last conversation I had with him in Cheers Bar Sydney many moons ago was that he would love a role at the club

He was in the completing his Harvard business degree also, so quite a clever fellow

Was very impressive speaker too
Last conversation I had with him was in Panama Joes (I think it was called that??) in St.Helens when he was still playing for us. He was out drinking with the Saints Rugby team.

Pretty sure he wasn't doing a Harvard Business Degree at the time and I was in no state to rate his speaking skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.