Worst Beer/Lager Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to a beer festival in Stanley dock about 30 years ago and my mate asked the servers to chuck out the JW Lees half he’d just bought. “Was it not to your taste ?” , “It tastes like you’ve been washing your tights in it “ , put me off ever since.
Probably wasn't this

Bought some Polish one for 20p a can at some dodgy little corner shop outside Wembley in 2009, tasted absolutely nothing like beer and was revolting, can’t for the life of me remember the name of it.

Just remembered an English one, though i can't remember the name. The wife and i have, a couple of times on holiday to Europe have hired a car as part of the trip and pretty much just drove aimlessly around the UK and Ireland and stayed in small village B&B's. One village we stayed in overnight in the north of England, think it may have been called Lazonby i asked for whatever beer on tap the fella serving recommended so he gave me something he said was local "you'll like this". One mouthul, it was warm - being Aussie i don't know how you lot can drink beer warm - "oh yeah it's nice mate" whilst planning how to get rid of it without hurting his feelings lol

Went outside for a smoke and promptly tipped it in a pot plant.

Yet Carling is by far the biggest selling product in pubs in the U.K……crazy….
Yep….price or fashionable I don’t know. What I do know it is horrid much like any industrial scale produced beer. I remember going to Belgium which is of course famous for excellent beer. Went to a dodgy bar / cafe in Brussels and they only had Jupiler. Disgusting ?

On draught the worst has to be carling and carlsberg. In fact all of the 4 percent lagers are pretty poor. I'd always go for a San Miguel or Heineken, but like the cans and bottles, they're probably all brewed in the UK so not as good as they should be.

On draught the worst has to be carling and carlsberg. In fact all of the 4 percent lagers are pretty poor. I'd always go for a San Miguel or Heineken, but like the cans and bottles, they're probably all brewed in the UK so not as good as they should be.
Freedom 4 is actually decent. Holdens brewery also produce a decent one (Black Country Lager). But the majority produced by the big breweries I agree is utter pee.

Just an observation….in my opinion beers from overseas but made here are typically bad in my view. For example, I go to Madrid quite often and typically drink Mahou there. Not bad at all and although not particularly strong alcohol wise you need to be careful as it does have a kick. Buy the same here and it is nothing like the real thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back