Worst Beer/Lager Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always confused with Budweiser hate because it's actually quite remarkable that they have made an alcoholic drink taste of pretty much nothing

Anyway, probably Greene King IPA or that awful banana bread beer that was in supermarkets at one point

Sharps Doombar is pretty rank too.

Along with Greene King, it`s managed to become the Carling of real ale.

Tastes of nothing, served up as a token real ale, in plastic pubs.

Used to be okay, before Sharps got bought out by one of the big boys and runied.

Rank stuff.

McCaffreys Red was a truly bad one.

I remember having a full night on it in town one night after work, as there was half price promotion on it.

The following day was like having all over body scepsis.

Outside of Pernod, it was the single worst hangover I`ve had.
I caught up with a heap of mates for lunch today, we got talking about some of the most "memorable" hangovers we'd had in the past. Hotel rooms getting covered in vomit and the like. Best decision i ever made was giving up the drink lol

I caught up with a heap of mates for lunch today, we got talking about some of the most "memorable" hangovers we'd had in the past. Hotel rooms getting covered in vomit and the like. Best decision i ever made was giving up the drink lol

Waking up with ruined clothes and " U.D.I`s "

Unidentified Drinking Injuries lol

McCaffreys Red was a truly bad one.

I remember having a full night on it in town one night after work, as there was half price promotion on it.

The following day was like having all over body scepsis.

Outside of Pernod, it was the single worst hangover I`ve had.
I'm not sure if I've ever retold this tale on here before, but in my youth we went for a few beers on Christmas Day. This ended up having a few more beers.

Anyway, we ended up in my friends house wanting to continue drinking. His parents had bought cases of white and red wine for their annual boxing day shindig.

We ploughed through pretty much all of it - every bottle was opened. His ma found me on her hall floor, in my own sick, after trying to crawl to the toilet.

Worse, her son had been sick in one of the boxes of ale which soaked through into their pretty-newly fitted cream carpet, red wine and all.

I somehow got myself up bounced all the way home to a clip off my mum. I didn't get out of bed all Boxing Day as I'm pretty confident I had alcohol poisoning.

Genuinely, I was closer to death than full health. Decades later, his mum still hasn't forgiven us for ruining their boxing day and her luxurious carpet.

Always confused with Budweiser hate because it's actually quite remarkable that they have made an alcoholic drink taste of pretty much nothing

Anyway, probably Greene King IPA or that awful banana bread beer that was in supermarkets at one point

The only lager I know that has a reduced carbonate version cos the original tatses like alcoholic soda stream water.

There’s always a fair amount of snobbery with beer. I mostly drink craft IPAs now around the 5.0-6.5% mark, but it’s always good to have some no frills beers in the fridge.

Stella used to be a decent enough beer, but since they dropped it to 4.6% it’s awful. Heineken, for example is the very definition of average, but it’s 5% and decent enough to drink. It’s mass produced but it doesn’t pretend any otherwise, unlike a lot of the independent breweries that have been bought up over the last few years yet still charge craft beer prices.

Budweiser and Bud Light are awful. Carlsberg Special brew was horrific but it served a purpose when I was 16 and isn’t really designed to taste nice anyway.

I'm not sure if I've ever retold this tale on here before, but in my youth we went for a few beers on Christmas Day. This ended up having a few more beers.

Anyway, we ended up in my friends house wanting to continue drinking. His parents had bought cases of white and red wine for their annual boxing day shindig.

We ploughed through pretty much all of it - every bottle was opened. His ma found me on her hall floor, in my own sick, after trying to crawl to the toilet.

Worse, her son had been sick in one of the boxes of ale which soaked through into their pretty-newly fitted cream carpet, red wine and all.

I somehow got myself up bounced all the way home to a clip off my mum. I didn't get out of bed all Boxing Day as I'm pretty confident I had alcohol poisoning.

Genuinely, I was closer to death than full health. Decades later, his mum still hasn't forgiven us for ruining their boxing day and her luxurious carpet.

A lad I knew was that bladdered, he took a wrong turn form his mates bedroom and climbed into bed with his mates mum and dad, on the mums side started cuddling his mates mum.

That didn`t end very well either.

His best man brought it up at the lads wedding a good few many years later lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back