Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Heath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheedy

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Cheese footballers : others whom I didn't see, Royle, Vernon, Ball etc

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
We quite clearly have not replaced him... head and shoulders our best finisher this century.
Lineker was deadly but also rather fortunate to have unbelievable service to take advantage of.
Latchford was a natural finisher too, and outstanding in the air.
For sheer exhilaration, and truly putting his head where others would think twice about putting their boots, Andy Gray should be considered.
In his day and especially with the 69/70 title winning team, Joe Royle bagged some terrific goals - Leeds away in a 2-1 loss was an astonishing diving header as I'm sure @Joey66 and @Eggs will confirm
Joe was not just a scorer one of the hardest working no 9s you could wish to see ;)

It has to be Gary Lineker for me. He was one of those players who you always felt would find the back of the net... except on the occasion he mislaid his "lucky boots". Also, Bob Latchford was a cracking finisher; 30 league goals in a season wasn't too shabby.
The Latch was a fox in the box - supplied by Dave Thomas, never missed many .... fans call DCL we have the two slowest wingers & the slowest full backs in the prem ....
As for the best CF Graham Sharpe, highest post-war scoring player ever .... he has to win that title .... 2nd to Dixie Dean ....

Last edited:

It probably is Lukaku but I'd say it is close. The Yak in 07-08 was deadly. If only he hadn't picked up that bad injury against spurs the next season then who knows what he'd have gone on to do?

There has to be a thought about his entire career at Everton though. He essentially had one good season and that was it.

I mean, if we're going with best finishers regardless of their Everton production, Eto'o would be above Lukaku.

There has to be a thought about his entire career at Everton though. He essentially had one good season and that was it.

I mean, if we're going with best finishers regardless of their Everton production, Eto'o would be above Lukaku.

Yeah cos he never recovered from the injury he got, which is what I said in my post. The question is best finisher you've seen, and for that one season where he was fit, he was right up there got me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back