Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Heath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheedy

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Cheese footballers : others whom I didn't see, Royle, Vernon, Ball etc

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
Lineker by a wide margin for me. Ok we just came up short in the two trophies during his spell here but I can't think of another player who scored 40 goals in their debut season at any club. Even Ronaldo didn't do that at Real Madrid.

He'd have got plenty more had he took penalties for us and his partnership with Graeme Sharp (64 goals between them in 85/86) would've just got better and better had they stayed together.

Just a natural goalscorer the class I've never seen since in an Everton shirt and I still can't believe we never put a buy-back clause in the deal when he went to Barcelona. Instead we signed Mike Newell for the same price Spurs paid for Lineker (£1.1m) in the summer of '89 when he left Barca. That sums up late '80s Everton.

The Yak was a decent finisher, probably one of our very best in recent times . Overall I would say Lineker. It’s an attribute sorely missing in this current squad.

To be fair, Lineker was a genuinely world-class finisher. It's hard for the others on the list to compete - though Sharpy knew where the goal was and didn't depend on pace with way Lineker did.

Dixie obviously if we're taking 'all time' best, but during my time it has to be lineker.
Shout outs for the Yak and Lukaku.
NOT the best finishers, but my heart still lies with Big Joe and the Latch.

The Diamond Cutter will always be the best finisher

DDP could hit that thing out of nowhere

giphy.gif

VdfTQXHH-uzDz-EnHH-xynfMqpHMCW0TAq7dAS7ZEiaBmZRWN_WoCNjG4qA7lmNEbbjpH0sp

D3B85D00B9029C44E88033A83CB578CB005A8714

0117c3a6f39ef488ad6425e0d4bd381f7f57c2dc_hq.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back