2023/24 Ben Godfrey

I see Genoa sniffing around Godfrey, typical 777, and this demonstrates they won`t use Everton or give us any favours whatsoever.

Dragusin, a player that could have an immediate impact on this team and long term successor to Tarky sold externally but now they want to keep Godfrey in the group and nab him on the cheap whilst Everton pay for him!!!

777 must never be allowed to take over....

I see Genoa sniffing around Godfrey, typical 777, and this demonstrates they won`t use Everton or give us any favours whatsoever.

Dragusin, a player that could have an immediate impact on this team and long term successor to Tarky sold externally but now they want to keep Godfrey in the group and nab him on the cheap whilst Everton pay for him!!!

If Everton had 21million, I would rather we didnt spend it on a back up CB.

Godfrey to Genoa would probably be a deal that works for everyone: Genoa need a defender, we need money, Godfrey badly needs a change of scenery and more regular football. Clearly we're happy for him to leave so if anything this would help us out.

And unlike Holgate I think there's still a player somewhere in him so keeping him in the group works for us as much as anyone- if 777 do get approved and Godfrey has a resurgence over the next year or two we're at the front of the queue to bring him back to the PL.

I don't see the issue at all.

If Everton had 21million, I would rather we didnt spend it on a back up CB.
In a group you should be able to move assets internally, by taking Dragusin to Everton and taking Godfrey to Genoa would have just been numbers exchanged on paper not actual money. As Spors described but the second Spurs offered proper money, they are so cash strapped, they had to take it.

If anyone thinks Genoa are giving us the best deal for Godfrey are living in la la land, it will be an internal transfer, it will be numbers on an interco matrix and not real money we get in.

In a group you should be able to move assets internally, by taking Dragusin to Everton and taking Godfrey to Genoa would have just been numbers exchanged on paper not actual money. As Spors described but the second Spurs offered proper money, they are so cash strapped, they had to take it.

If anyone thinks Genoa are giving us the best deal for Godfrey are living in la la land, it will be an internal transfer, it will be numbers on an interco matrix and not real money we get in.
Dragusin turned down Bayern for Spurs. He wasn't coming to us. They do get a say you know.

No mate, it will be a proper transfer, there is no mechanism that exists that allows what you suggest.

Even the RedBull teams do proper transfers.

Erm, mate. 777 don’t own us.

It makes sense to sell him now. 18 months left on a deal I believe and not a key player, or even the first choice back up for his position. If it means we can go out and loan a player in midfield or out wide, then bringing in some cash is the sensible thing to do.

I doubt it will be the kind of money we might hope for though. 10m would be a very good fee. But we need to continue to get better at selling players entering the final year of a contract. We did well with Iwobi now need to do the same here.