Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team spirit, aye

I mean, we should have been 3-0 down inside 30 minutes like

You can surely apply the same logic to anybody that didn't play the other day?

Like I said, it'll be Richarlison or somebody else Benitez picks a fight with next. And fans will back him, for some reason.

Additionally when we sell Richy it'll be a lot of "He's underperformed for seasons now"

Hmmm, I think most people are fine with it. I have no issue with the player coming in - he seems like he's got a lot of potential.

It's just a position there was no need to spend that money on in the middle of the season. It means Digne's going, so we're getting rid of a very good player in our squad and replacing them with an unknown quantity, and barring some mad offer, are only going to be about £10m better off in terms of fee.

Wages is different. So again, it's fine, I have no issue with it, but do it at the end of the season, when Mykolenko has had 6 months to settle into the league, and it's not a choice between him and Godfrey at left-back.

Why are fans just so happy to let this manager get rid of our best players? Literally all of the creativity from our side over the course of the past few years has now been gutted - and two of the players have been seemingly forced out by Benitez...
I think this lad can play centre half as well
There might be other reasons we have signed him as he can fit in other positions

I am firmly in the good signing camp. Love Digne but he has definitely not been as good for a while which includes the 2nd half of Ancelotti's final season and even before then he could be a bit hit and miss. It's fine having a decent attack and assist record so long as your defensive duties are your main priority and not effected. Clearly that is not the case with Digne and hasn't been for a while. We will likely end up making a profit which will help us for ffp and have a younger energetic lad wanting to make a name for himself and play for the manager and team.

It is all good for me, looking forward to seeing him play.

I am firmly in the good signing camp. Love Digne but he has definitely not been as good for a while which includes the 2nd half of Ancelotti's final season and even before then he could be a bit hit and miss. It's fine having a decent attack and assist record so long as your defensive duties are your main priority and not effected. Clearly that is not the case with Digne and hasn't been for a while. We will likely end up making a profit which will help us for ffp and have a younger energetic lad wanting to make a name for himself and play for the manager and team.

It is all good for me, looking forward to seeing him play.
My sentiments also

Reactions: Lob

If he frees up Godfrey of Holgate to play right back then it’s adressing two positions at once really isn’t it in the short term. Get in a LB to take over from Digne, Godfrey doesn’t have to play there anymore. He can cover that position for this season then we can sort in the summer.

“By his dedication, his desire to improve, Vitaliy Mykolenko deserved such a challenge in his career,” he told Meta Ratings.

“It’s really a real challenge for the 22-year-old, who has proven with his quality play recently at all levels that he is ready to test his capabilities in the world’s strongest soccer league.

“I had to read the statements of some experts that it’s too early for Mykolenko to go to England. I do not think so, on the contrary, Vitaliy urgently need to bid farewell to the UPL championship.

“At one time, when heading Metalist, we had to play in the European Cup with Everton, and we had the opportunity to see the popularity of the club in Liverpool, what demanding fans it has.

“I have no doubt that thanks to his desire to play through thick and thin, Mykolenko will gain credibility with the local fans and do his best to get Everton out of the relegation zone.

“In general, the transfer of Dynamo player to Everton will enhance the image of Ukrainian soccer in the international arena.”

Team spirit, aye

I mean, we should have been 3-0 down inside 30 minutes like

You can surely apply the same logic to anybody that didn't play the other day?

Like I said, it'll be Richarlison or somebody else Benitez picks a fight with next. And fans will back him, for some reason.

This cannot be a serious thing you’ve just typed.

If he frees up Godfrey of Holgate to play right back then it’s adressing two positions at once really isn’t it in the short term. Get in a LB to take over from Digne, Godfrey doesn’t have to play there anymore. He can cover that position for this season then we can sort in the summer.

Both are horrendous at RB so we’re solving nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.