2013 International Champions Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are arsed because evertonians have paid a lot of money for something they wont be getting

If you think any lads coming back from America will be gutted on the plane because we finished 5/6 instead of 3/4 you probably haven't been on a pre season jaunt mate, trust me its all about a piss up and watching the match. The reaction is well over the top

If you think any lads coming back from America will be gutted on the plane because we finished 5/6 instead of 3/4 you probably haven't been on a pre season jaunt mate, trust me its all about a piss up and watching the match. The reaction is well over the top

They will be bothered because they should be seeing Everton playing either Chelsea or AC Milan, not Valencia or Inter Milan.

Fair enough, I personally disagree though. Most would just prefer the better time of k/o or location for a bevey

I don't care what place we finish. I care more about playing someone like Inter or Valencia. That would be good for us.

They are also bothered because they paid money for tickets to watch Everton play.

They now don't have tickets for the Everton Game but for a LA Galaxy game. The Everton game is now the day earlier and quite a few people seem to be travelling on that day.

This sucks and is poor form by the organizers. The new rules make more sense, but they clearly were not how the tourney was originally advertised. In the scheme of things, the only thing that really sucks is if you were one of the people planning on going to the game. Travel plans and tickets will have to be eaten by some hardcore blues due to this idiocy. Sucks.

For anyone who was not going to the game though, no need to be arsed. We are not in the running for the trophy, so the difference between 3rd and 6th actually only matters in who you play. This is now just a preseason tuneup against a world class team, no reason in considering final placement though.

And hey, worst case scenario, let this be a reminder to the team that a draw is NOT a win. We as a club have dropped way too many points the last few seasons due to draws, so maybe RM can use this as a chance to let the team know that draws are no longer going to be considered so favorably...

some have already paid 100dollars for a ticket to see the other game...

It doesn't really matter much like but its a joke they have completely changed the rules in favour of LA Galaxy. Joke of a competition the way they have done it now.

Can someone confirm who we are playing next, it was meant to be Milan or Chelsea, what's changed exactly? 3rd place or 5th/6th, it hardly matters, I was just excited to be playing another top side (Milan, not Chelsea, obviously)

If Milan beat Chelsea, its Chelsea. Unless its on pens, in which case its Valencia.

In other words draw after 90 mins or Chelsea win means we play Valencia.

Last edited:
is there a ticket hotline # or any # i can call to give this tournament a piece of my mind? id love to give someone an earful about this. it isnt right to the people who have bought tickets and flights and had the game just switched on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back